Sponsored

so what do you think a special edition will be like

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I just wated the walk around by the dealer . And the thought occurrs to me what will they do for a special edition say the equivalent of what a recon is to a jku rubcion? On the recon you got full leather, heated seats, steel bumpers, a bigger axel, a small lift power dome hood and a whole host of other goodies. But with the new rubicon you can order all that. So what surprises is FCA holding back for a aspecial edition

35s? winch? axels? maybe the select track with a 410 t case and full lockers? What are your guesses?
Sponsored

Zoobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Better rock rails for sure... the Hard Rock and Recon both came with rock rail upgrades. The JL Rubicon rock rails are the basic ones that ship on non-special editions today with the JK

JamesWyatt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
  • 35” tires
  • Unique wheels
  • Rear HD axle from the Scrambler
  • Extended rock rails
  • Higher dome on the hood
  • Special graphics
  • Included option group of some kind (Alpine, LED, etc.)

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
  • 35” tires
  • Unique wheels
  • Extended rock rails
  • Special graphics
and manual window cranks so its a real jeep !

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
It took 5+ years for a special edition JK to show up. I wouldn’t get too excited just yet

Sponsored

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
It took 5+ years for a special edition JK to show up. I wouldn’t get too excited just yet
This.... SE’s are to boost sales, likely we won’t see any for quite some time.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I think special editions to come first will be the mutts. Mixtures between the 3 packages that they dont currently offer. For example maybe a Sport S with Rubicon high fenders and 33s, or a Willys meets 75th anniversary package...basically a Sport that gives you some better options like steel bumpers, A/T or M/T tires, and upgraded interior while keeping the stock sport drive line.

You can probably count on things like the mountain editions coming back....ya know the 10 various special edition Saharas that offer wheel packages and stickers that they charge a ton more for.

I doubt we would see any type of Hard Rock or Recon package for the Rubicon for a bit yet. I mean the standard JL Rubicon is already basically a Recon/Hard Rock package as it is. Its already got stronger (and as a bonus wider) axles, steel bumpers, and the AEV style hood. They might pop up with some optional rock rails or something in the future but I personally think the JLR/JLUR is already topping the current Recon just from the axle perspective.

Yea yea it doesnt have red seat belts....cause those add like 20 horsepower right.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I don't know Jeff, but what I think I might have some idea on is the decision rubric that FCA will be going through--assuming they haven't already decided--in choosing the next special decision.

FCA will look at both its historical and current largest market segments, recognizing its core market (and you are all free to dislike this or not) may have changed.

Next, FCA will look at what its done already including what market segments or environmental niches it's already addressed (e.g. a Mountain Wrangler, a Desert Wrangler, an Urban Edition).

FCA will also consider how much its loyal fan base is screaming that they've been abandoned.

Finally, but certainly not least, FCA will consider the greatest opportunity for margins and sales.

===

With that data the next special edition will be given birth.

Gandersonsays

First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr JL Rubicon
  • 35” tires
  • Unique wheels
  • Extended rock rails
  • Special graphics
I think all are likely, except 35" tires. I bet it was a already big lift for Jeep to push Rubicons w/ 33's from factory.

Sponsored

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
It may be here sooner than you think! I'm hoping when they release the new colors in March "colors with late availability" that it will include a Special Edition.:please:

20180111_132637.jpg

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
My Willys would be:

Base Sport black rims
255/80R17 BFGoodrich KM2 Tires
Steel Bumpers
Enhanced Rock Rails
Rear D44/Anti-Slip
Tow Pkg/Aux Switches
High Clearance Front Fenders
LED package

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
JL Dragon Edition!!! Bring on the gold!!!

BTW - JL Rubicon rock rails are shorter than the JK rails and similar to the JK Recon rails in length.
I only liked this because the Dragon edition was so freakin hideous! They rotted till they had flat spots on the tires.
Sponsored