Sponsored

So what are the hidden options you get when you upgrade? I.e. Infotainment gets better windshield...

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I picked up my Sahara last week also and got the Acoustic glass, stock radio...maybe they were out, or giving everyone this. Just like they are now including fuel doors

Does anyone have a horrible toxic plastic smell when all windows are up ? Especially if ifs in the hot sun.
Got my windows tinted and can't lower for 3 days. Even horrible with ac on.
Owned 30 new vehicles in the last 40 yrs and never smelled anything like this.
Definitely not the new car smell!
Do you have the headliners?
Sponsored

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Does this actually make a difference? Meaning noticeably. I need a new windshield (needed one since about week 2) and was not planning on going accountic and just whatever was the cheapest.
i would recommend getting full glass coverage on your JL, Wranglers will go through windshields so may as well have insurance pay for them. My coverage with State Farm full glass comp only adds a few dollars/month

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
That would be interesting considering that on the highway is where you need it the least. You've got plenty of air circulating through the radiator on the highway.

Guys with overheating JKs were usually on the trail somewhere.
It has nothing to do with overheating. It has to do with air building up under the hood and causing hood flutter. Though probably the new hood latches are enough to eliminate the hood flutter.

Sponsored

Rich13

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Comes stock, perfect size for a can of your choice.
Oh, ok. I thought you had the storage. Just this morning I watched a video where they had turned that into a compartment for storing a drink.

mln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jlu rubicon, f80 m3, odyssey
acoustic glass on mine. no alpine and no infotainment! sorry pic is from inside phone wouldn’t focus from outside.

B0177B1B-5633-4DF6-A9C9-2BCA4EA617F9.jpeg

HardRock

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK Hard Rock Edition (FL); 2018 Rubicon JL (CA)
Yeah I forgot to mention the crack hider, and fold down center for cup holder on leather, vs no fold down, no hider, and the cup holders are on now hte rear console vs in the seat.
What is this - a hidden compartment?

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
acoustic glass on mine. no alpine and no infotainment! sorry pic is from inside phone wouldn’t focus from outside.

B0177B1B-5633-4DF6-A9C9-2BCA4EA617F9.jpeg
Acoustic glass is on all JLs.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation

Lockheed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW X4
Only 2 items of interest that I see:

2) Standard tire on the Rubicon is going back to the more narrow 255 width, and a 285 is going to have upcharge, and that 285 is the Falken Wildpeak M/T which is a heavy tire.
I wonder when this takes affect, the build sheet for my JLUR that's in JB status says the following

LT285/70R17C BSW Off-Road Tires

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I wonder when this takes affect, the build sheet for my JLUR that's in JB status says the following

LT285/70R17C BSW Off-Road Tires
IF, and that's a big if, the selection guide posted above is true, then what they'll likely do is use up their existing supply of 285/70 BFG KO2 tires before switching to the 255/75 version. And then the Falken M/T would become optional at whatever point they allow orders to be taken on that particular option.

No doubt there were a lot of complaints about JL Rubicon going away from mud tires for the first time ever, even though FCA had a very good reason to do so, and that's why this method is the way they're going to handle it. Now everybody can get what they want.
Sponsored