Sponsored

So what are the hidden options you get when you upgrade? I.e. Infotainment gets better windshield...

Hgrace

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JUL Sport S, Fleetwood 33 Terra SE. Lincoln MKC
acoustic glass on mine. no alpine and no infotainment! sorry pic is from inside phone wouldn’t focus from outside.

B0177B1B-5633-4DF6-A9C9-2BCA4EA617F9.jpeg
I think they all have Acoustic glass. It's one of the major JL comfort design upgrades like improved windshield angle
Sponsored

Lockheed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW X4
Can you find the Build Sheet online? If so, where?

Or did it come from the dealer?
go to this page in the forum https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...sticker-and-build-sheet-order-tracking.12503/

select track new and enter your info - email VIN ect..
when your jeep hits the line a build sheet will generate and you will get and email with all the info about your build
the same day I got the email was the first I knew my status had changed from D1 - it went right to FB
hopefully will go to KZ soon - my understanding is that when it gets to KZ a window sticker will be generated and you will get another email
ed

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Only 2 items of interest that I see:

1) No listing whatsoever for the 3.0L EcoDiesel.

2) Standard tire on the Rubicon is going back to the more narrow 255 width, and a 285 is going to have upcharge, and that 285 is the Falken Wildpeak M/T which is a heavy tire.
Good catch.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

Sponsored

bayou girl

First Name
Sallye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal JLR

bayou girl

First Name
Sallye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal JLR

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
IF, and that's a big if, the selection guide posted above is true, then what they'll likely do is use up their existing supply of 285/70 BFG KO2 tires before switching to the 255/75 version. And then the Falken M/T would become optional at whatever point they allow orders to be taken on that particular option.

No doubt there were a lot of complaints about JL Rubicon going away from mud tires for the first time ever, even though FCA had a very good reason to do so, and that's why this method is the way they're going to handle it. Now everybody can get what they want.
I assume they will honor the builds we selected. I don't want mud tires but if I don't get 285's then they can keep their Jeep.

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
I wonder if that option is connected to the VIN in case you ever need to have it replaced and replacement also uses acoustic glass over the normal one.
If no one else answered your question, I had mine replaced back in September and I am just now learning that I had acoustic glass at all. I was concerned that I had the replacement done with Insurance people who don't care, and I didn't recall anyone asking if it was acoustic during the process. Well I just checked and to my surprise, it was replaced with the correct acoustic glass. So I have to assume it is tied to the VIN.

RisingEagle

First Name
Armond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4DR Ocean Blue Rubicon
Double check with your insurance. I have free glass replacement. However, i think with mine if I want any form that is different then the "replacement" part I have to pay the difference. Although, I would assume that since acoustic glass is OEM that they would have to find the same or equivalent to that which is still free.
I had to replace my windshield about 3 months ago. JLUR, no upgraded sound system, had acoustic glass. I believe all JLs get it - but I know mine had it.

When I went to replace the windshield, I had the option of OEM (acoustic, with the little Jeep in the corner) or non-factory replacement (no little Jeep - and I assume no acoustic)
OEM replacement - $800ish
non-OEM - $450ish

so if you went with a non-OEM replacement glass, which cut your cost in half - I doubt the insurance company would be upset. Maybe on my 4th or 5th broken windshield I'll go with the non-OEM, but for now, I'll stick with direct OEM.

Sponsored

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
I had to replace my windshield about 3 months ago. JLUR, no upgraded sound system, had acoustic glass. I believe all JLs get it - but I know mine had it.

When I went to replace the windshield, I had the option of OEM (acoustic, with the little Jeep in the corner) or non-factory replacement (no little Jeep - and I assume no acoustic)
OEM replacement - $800ish
non-OEM - $450ish

so if you went with a non-OEM replacement glass, which cut your cost in half - I doubt the insurance company would be upset. Maybe on my 4th or 5th broken windshield I'll go with the non-OEM, but for now, I'll stick with direct OEM.
The gave me the same option. "Would you be interested in a cheaper replacement without the Jeep in the corner?" "No." Its the little things that I care about.

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
I believe you are correct - only need someone with a standard base stereo to confirm. Mine has it. Although I do have the 7" stereo. The picture didn't come out good enough to post.

Acoustic glass is on all JLs.

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Found another one - Seems the cold weather package includes a block heater.

This was not listed when I selected that option.

If you've got the cold weather package, check under the hood along the driver's side.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Found another one - Seems the cold weather package includes a block heater.

This was not listed when I selected that option.

If you've got the cold weather package, check under the hood along the driver's side.
@Neanderthalman

Your info is flawed.. YES, during the early production period of the 2018, JL, the JL's with the Cold Weather Package were equipped with an engine block heater.

Unfortunately, after a short period of time, FCA, stopped having the block heater as part of the Cold Weather Package.

For those JL's that have the engine block heater, it's plug in cord can be found tucked away in the engine compartment, on the drivers side.

Here is a pic:
kkk.jpeg
Sponsored