Sponsored

So This Was a First Ever Vehicle Failure for Me...Thanks Jeep!

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
So on the two door Wranglers, you can tilt and slide the seat forward for easier access to the rear seat, using a lever on the seat back top. Last night, I went to slide the seat back after doing that and no joy. Pulled the release lever again and it seemed to implode internally. Several broken pieces of plastic also underneath and the seat is jammed completely in place in every axis, almost touching the steering wheel.

Long story short- while the Jeep runs and drives flawlessly in every other way, acutally had to have the vehicle towed to the local dealer because there was no way to sit in the seat to drive. Messed with it for an hour, and it is completely seized. Can't wait to find out what the solution to this mess is. At least it happened in the garage and not on the trail.

Thanks Jeep for an entirely new mechanical issue requiring a tow- thought I'd seen in all in 40 years of driving!

Jeep Wrangler JL So This Was a First Ever Vehicle Failure for Me...Thanks Jeep! 62853795324__7E8A096F-83B9-4942-BE6B-DEA5D4B116B4
Sponsored

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP
AirportDave

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
This issue is well documented on these forums. Some even use a ratchet extension to make the seat track work again. A cheap plastic piece breaks off and the track is unusable. Crappy design.
I had seen that- unfortunately the seat was all the way back, so there was no way to use that ratchet trick... which I did learn about last night!

And glad to see another newbie Ham out there- just passed my Tech exam Sunday! (KF0CRO)

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, Jeep seat reclining mechanisms and levers are made of papier-mâché!

The reclining releases for the back seat on my 4-door Sahara feel like they will disintegrate every time I touch them.

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
And glad to see another newbie Ham out there- just passed my Tech exam Sunday! (KF0CFO)
[/QUOTE]

Congrats on your ham tech license. I got the tech ticket several years ago then the general and finally the extra. The extra license test is difficult. Good wheeling.
Sponsored