So: this just happened to my order

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
I was finally able to get a response to the multiple emails to the dealer regarding the VON and VIN; I've got the corrected VON as well as the last 8 of the VIN now so my daughter can start tracking her jeep....
BUT!
because of the timing (ordered on 6/2), it will be arriving as a '21 rather that a '20: This has my daughter a bit concerned that she's going to be charged more & the '20 was at the high end of her "affordability" scale already...she's not sure she'll be able to afford a price increase.
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Does she have a deal and deposit in place with her dealership? If so, they cannot change the negotiated price even if the vehicle's price increases.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Does she have a deal and deposit in place with her dealership? If so, they cannot change the negotiated price even if the vehicle's price increases.
A signed contract deal not a signed order confirmation sheet. First states what happens in case of changes which can include increases, second says any change will increase cost.

OP
OP
MyDaughters20JL

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
she just got off the phone with the dealer: price is +1000 for MY21: the dealer said that they would NOT be charging her any difference in price between 20 & 21
she is so excited she's about ready to scream :rock: :rock:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
she just got off the phone with the dealer: price is +1000 for MY21: the dealer said that they would NOT be charging her any difference in price between 20 & 21
she is so excited she's about ready to scream :rock: :rock:
If you ordered on the 2nd and they didn't have it in by the 5th it was their fault. Did you order packages with it because some of those went up in price also.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MyDaughters20JL

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
If you ordered on the 2nd and they didn't have it in by the 5th it was their fault. Did you order packages with it because some of those went up in price also.
only additional that she ordered was:
Alpine stereo upgrade
3 piece hard top
safety group
cold weather group (also indluded convenience group)
Limited slip

'20 JL Sport S

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
that is great, the 2021 should have at least $1000 more trade in value down the road, its almost always better going with the newer year unless you get a great deal on the leftover vehicle

OP
OP
MyDaughters20JL

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
that is great, the 2021 should have at least $1000 more trade in value down the road, its almost always better going with the newer year unless you get a great deal on the leftover vehicle
there's definitely good in it: some things that don't make her happy are:
1) because they sat on the order for several days, instead of getting her '20 in 3 months, it's probably going to be 5 until she gets the '21 (gotta build all the '20's before they start on the '21's)
2) because of the timing of her order, she'll probably end up with one of the first few '21's off the assembly line...her concern with this is that there MAY be a chance of getting a lemon as they haven't got all the "kinks" worked out on the '21 assembly line (truthfuly, this isn't one of my concerns & not sure if it really is a valid concern, but to her it is)

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
there's definitely good in it: some things that don't make her happy are:
1) because they sat on the order for several days, instead of getting her '20 in 3 months, it's probably going to be 5 until she gets the '21 (gotta build all the '20's before they start on the '21's)
2) because of the timing of her order, she'll probably end up with one of the first few '21's off the assembly line...her concern with this is that there MAY be a chance of getting a lemon as they haven't got all the "kinks" worked out on the '21 assembly line (truthfuly, this isn't one of my concerns & not sure if it really is a valid concern, but to her it is)
No real changes between 20 and 21 so it will be the same. Probably not even a break, one day the last 2020 will go by and next a 2021.

David P.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
We just ordered a 2021 JLUR and now I’m concerned about it being an early build for 2021 model year - should we be concerned about a lemon or an increase in issues?

Sponsored

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
We just ordered a 2021 JLUR and now I’m concerned about it being an early build for 2021 model year - should we be concerned about a lemon or an increase in issues?

Personally, I don't think so at all, if it was the first model year maybe but I would look at it as no different (or possibly slightly better) than a late model 2020.

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I agree that there shouldn’t be much concern. I ordered my 2018 in January of that year. It was early in the life of the brand new JL. I had no problems with it. Unfortunately, it was totaled with 35,000 miles on it, but perfect up to that point. Some package differences shouldn’t cause too many problems.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just the normal issues Wranglers have supposedly had for decades.

OP
OP
MyDaughters20JL

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
Just the normal issues Wranglers have supposedly had for decades.
Trust me when I say that it surely can't be worse than her '00 cherokee with 220K+ miles: getting to the point where she's concerned about driving it as she doesn't want to get stranded.....

anyone want a '00 cherokee to turn into a wheeler? I'll make ya a great offer on it :CWL::CWL::CWL:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Trust me when I say that it surely can't be worse than her '00 cherokee with 220K+ miles: getting to the point where she's concerned about driving it as she doesn't want to get stranded.....

anyone want a '00 cherokee to turn into a wheeler? I'll make ya a great offer on it :CWL::CWL::CWL:
Better not read some of the threads then - worst vehicle ever made, worst manufacturer ever, steering horrible, suspension horrible, aluminum corrosion unacceptable and only on Jeep (all cars with aluminum have it), and on and on. Reality is vast majority won't have any major problem.
Sponsored