Sponsored

So...should I get a JK (JL simply not being delivered in Canada)?

Ifraaz

First Name
Ifraaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
From BC. Bought a JLUR from Manitoba. 2 weeks to ship. Should be here in roughly a week.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Just reached my dealer. Still nothing new about my JL order (placed it in April). This is becoming a joke.

So i'm looking at options. Should I simply get a used JK? Some folks say they are pigs to drive.

Should I simply get something else? 4Runners are kind of appealing.

Should I simply wait?
You should just pick a JL on the lot. Why wait or settle for less?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Wouldn’t picking something off the lot be settling for less...?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
How are prices on JKs up there?

I drove past a dealership today with a lightly built-up 2016 JKU for $53,000(?!), marked down from $56,000(?! x 2)
For perspective, using an online exchange rate calculator:

Canadian: $53-56K
US: $42-44K (rounded)

Sponsored

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
Wait, is that a thing that really occurs, down in Texas, to be ashamed of being related to Canadians? Really?

Because I worked a couple of months in Texas and everybody loved to tell me how Canadians are fine and awesome and everything. Then again, I was in Austin. Does it count? :)

I guess what i'm trying to ask is: are you all such a bunch of hypocrites or what? XD

Ah, I was wrong. We have nothing in common. Mostly, I'm not a humorless moist dolt.

But to answer your question. Yes, you are a perfect example of why one might be shy about admitting to canadian relations or friends.

Here in Texas we are not rude to the simple. Its bad manors and just might be a hate crime. I'm sure this explains any reactions you received here. Texans are polite and law abiding if nothing else. Y'all come back now, here?;)

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Wouldn’t picking something off the lot be settling for less...?
No because I’m sure they have several outfitted exactly how the consumer wants unless they are just picky as hell and even then there’s only so much you can customize via ordering..

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
As I said many times before, there's no Wranglers on the lots right now in Canada. Nothing. Rien. Nada. It's sold out. Or it's a full-equip auto Sahara. I don't want that.

Sponsored

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS
As I said many times before, there's no Wranglers on the lots right now in Canada. Nothing. Rien. Nada. It's sold out. Or it's a full-equip auto Sahara. I don't want that.
I'm not sure what trim you're looking for, but I just did a quick search on Autotrader.ca and found 95 new/used/certified pre-owned Rubicons (2019-2021) across the country. Both 2 door and 4 door models are available.

If I narrow the search down to only NEW vehicles, the number drops to 25. There's a Sarge Green 4 door Rubicon ($68,845) in Saint-Léonard and a Black 2 door Rubicon ($59,099) in Dollard-Des Ormeaux.

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Don’t be afraid of shopping in other provinces, Alberta seems to have a decent selection that you could have shipped out to you

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
wow, I got banned on the Gladiator forum for a month for talking "politics" about California wild fires. Guess rules aren't applied equally to Canada lol. Much love for Canada here, but to answer your question without offending the almighty Jay (hopefully), no Austin isn't Texas lol.

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
wow, I got banned on the Gladiator forum for a month for talking "politics" about California wild fires. Guess rules aren't applied equally to Canada lol. Much love for Canada here, but to answer your question without offending the almighty Jay (hopefully), no Austin isn't Texas lol.

I get that too. They see my new JT lookin' all cool n stuff. They be hatin'. They think there should be some sort of equitable outcome for those non-JTers. They're all "all Jeeps matter" but mention a JT and they go nuts; wanna start throwing ducks at you, then ask about tire size. Start burning camp fires.. I don't think that's equitable at all.

... and you are correct about Austin. :LOL:
Sponsored