Sponsored

So...should I get a JK (JL simply not being delivered in Canada)?

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Apart from US, Canada's leading the way on vaccines. The shutdowns are over since about a month in Quebec, since we prefer being prudent. As for mismanaged health care, I don't know one developed country that doesn't have some sort of problem.

Regulations saves our asses more often than none. Especially with the crap food US tries to ship in Canada. Please keep your strange "milk", thank you. :)
Im lost. Which vaccines were developed in Canada?

Re: the jeep, “simply” wait.

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Im lost. Which vaccines were developed in Canada?

Re: the jeep, “simply” wait.
Oh, i'm not saying any vaccine was developed in Canada yet. I'm saying the campaign is doing quite well compared to most developed countries. I think Medicago, in Quebec City, is working hard on a new COVID vaccine but they ain't there yet.

Sponsored

TX MOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 MOAB
Canada seems a little "regulation heavy" for me. I have a friend in Quebec, always complaining about mismanaged health care, late on the vaccines, still shut down, ect. But I didn't know that type of thing extended to vehicle purchases. Regarding the warranty, that makes zero sense. It's the same FCA vehicle, just parked in a different country. Senseless regulations.
Yup. That’s why I left! 🤘

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Huh, we have something in common. My Pop poached a canuck I call Mom. I don't admit that to anyone so.... :blush:
Wait, is that a thing that really occurs, down in Texas, to be ashamed of being related to Canadians? Really?

Because I worked a couple of months in Texas and everybody loved to tell me how Canadians are fine and awesome and everything. Then again, I was in Austin. Does it count? :)

I guess what i'm trying to ask is: are you all such a bunch of hypocrites or what? XD

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
I didn't hate my JK once I got my JL, and I would not be mad if I had to drive one again for some reason (like a rental or having to drive a friend home).

However my JL was an across the board improvement over the JK, and I would not purchase one at this time.

Sponsored

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
How are prices on JKs up there?

I drove past a dealership today with a lightly built-up 2016 JKU for $53,000(?!), marked down from $56,000(?! x 2)

asuperheat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU, 21 JLUR 392
I still have my 2008 JK and a new Rubi 392. To be honest still love my JK. Although to be fair it does have a Ripp supercharger, Rock Krawler suspension and 37's on it so it is not stock. But I don't see a issue with the JK platform. Go drive one.

My JK drives as good as the 21 JL.

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
Wait for the JL, April wasn't that long ago, we wait, as do you guys, up to 8 months for our JL's. I sold my JK first week of Jan and got the JL in Easter, and it wasn't the one I ordered managed to pick up an unallocated one in the end. Anyway, I would not go back to a JK after driving a JL, it was worth the wait.

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I'm in the US, I ordered my JLUS in May. Still waiting. My dealer said he is finally seeing a build date for it in mid August.

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
How are prices on JKs up there?

I drove past a dealership today with a lightly built-up 2016 JKU for $53,000(?!), marked down from $56,000(?! x 2)
A 2016 JKU for 53k$? Nah, that's kinda crazy. You can get very well equipped 2018 JKU for about 35-38k $CAN.
Sponsored