Sponsored

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
So basically Jeep is saying, "Here, buy this much better made and more expensive windshield to replace the inferior one that came from our factory".

...and we reply; "take my money and shut up"... :facepalm:
No crack yet but I have a good divit.. It'll be a crack tomorrow... By Thursday for sure.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, along with (advice from my actual dealer)- "Buy an aftermarket steering stabilizer to replace the inferior one FCA provides, and oh yes- you should also replace your OEM ball joints, because they will likely fail within 30,000 miles."
OT........They were wrong on the ball joints, at least for the Rubicon. I'm at 41k and they are doing fine. I expect them to go 85-90k. That's when the JKUR ball joints failed and I replaced them with Synergy. But point well taken, and true!

I still hope the JL ball joints are at least a little better and get to 100k. I do know that in my JL, they have more off-road miles on them at 41k than my JK did when I replaced them, so I think that's a good sign. It has seen more and harder off-roading in its first 3 years than my JK saw in its first 6 to 8 years. Plus, it has done so with larger, heavier tires.

decavolt

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU. Previously: 2016 JK, 1997 TJ.
In my JK, I was positive there was no reason at all top spend the extra $ on the Gorilla Glass... until the 4th time I had to replace the windshield in a span of 24 months. Yeah, it's really expensive. Yeah, that sucks. But I had at least a half dozen stone and debris strikes on the GG windshield that didn't even leave a mark, but would have almost certainly cracked the standard OEM glass again. So I was really glad I got the GG that last time around. And when the windshield on the JL finally gets broken, I'll put GG in that too.

The GG isn't for everyone, for sure. But for the driving I do and the amount of damage I kept getting on the windshield it was worth the extra price for the GG

TheMAnderson

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L (sold), 2022 Tundra Limited Hybrid
My original windshield lasted about 8 months before getting the first crack. Got it replaced through insurance for $100 deductible and, just driving on the freeway in SoCal, the replacement got hit by a rock and completely cracked THE NEXT DAY. I will be getting a GG windshield, whether Mopar or aftermarket, if nothing else to avoid the hassle of replacement, as soon as they are available for the JL with the advanced safety package.

Sponsored

Hard Rock Jeep

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR HR, 2022 JLUR 2.0, 2022 JLUR Diesel
I replaced my OE windshield with a Corning Mopar Gorilla glass about a year ago. I just replaced it with a $45 cheepo (plus installation). I got caught in a rain on a gumbo road in Missouri Breaks in Montana, mud covered us up, could not see, turned on the windshield wipers and scratched the hell out of the Gorilla glass. It may be strong but it sure will scratch.

Jeep Wrangler JL So it is Finally Here: Mopar Gorilla Glass Windshield replacement for JL JLU! 80647ECD-7602-4D4E-BC6E-C53A3D6FD9F5

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I replaced my OE windshield with a Corning Mopar Gorilla glass about a year ago. I just replaced it with a $45 cheepo (plus installation). I got caught in a rain on a gumbo road in Missouri Breaks in Montana, mud covered us up, could not see, turned on the windshield wipers and scratched the hell out of the Gorilla glass. It may be strong but it sure will scratch.

80647ECD-7602-4D4E-BC6E-C53A3D6FD9F5.jpeg
😧Liking my el cheapo windshield more and more.

Sponsored

trazbyte

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito 2018 JLUR v6 Manual- 37" xTreme MT2, DirtyLife Wheels, 3.5" Teraflex w/3.3 Falcon Shocks, 5.13 Gearing, Ace Engineering Fenders, JCR Inner Fenders
Wow, where are you finding JL windshields for under $150 each?
I just replaced my JK and JL Windshields. JL was $184 Installed, and JK was $186 Installed. This is the first Windshield replacement on the JL and was replacing a Mopar windshield, and this is the 3rd on the 2013 JK in the 8 years I have had it. I use aftermarket glass installers and refuse the use Mopar's Windshields because how brittle they are. The JK's 2nd windshield lasted 6 years and was daily driving on i-70 to/from Evergreen to/from Littleton, Co. Call around to various reputable windshield installers and get some quotes. There is only a few aftermarket windshields. Additionally I do not get the Jeep Logos, etc on the glass because it adds to the cost. (Little helpful hint)

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired

Jeep Wrangler JL So it is Finally Here: Mopar Gorilla Glass Windshield replacement for JL JLU! 6095AEEB-DBD3-4333-B5B7-D7D4DD2BAB80
for heavens sake, what in the world came over you. Any windshield would scratch with that crap on the windshield. If it’s so bad you can’t see, get out and clean it. I hope it’s not to bad that’s an expensive lesson. Looks like you got to exercise your 4 wheel system. How did it do? 😎

decavolt

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU. Previously: 2016 JK, 1997 TJ.
It may be strong but it sure will scratch.
That's the thing about glass: it can be scratch-resistant (hard) but easier to break, or it can be tough to break (soft/flexible) but easier to scratch. It's really difficult to engineer glass that is the best of both.