Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So many years in planning and preparing Jeeps and Campers. We left yesterday and drove for almost 600 miles. Made it to the Land Between the Lakes in Kentucky. Camped on the lakeshore and woke up to this.

who wants coffee?
E412F19F-36BE-46FE-B3BB-04272E160E05.jpeg

The sunrise/golden hour did not disappoint.
E4F8EFE5-C79E-4B6E-B306-5CEE17096E26.jpeg

146E8F6B-25D1-4870-A72D-F5AC7957319D.jpeg

7533D4E3-11EB-4840-9727-87428965EC89.jpeg

F5BDB628-84A2-4968-8796-CD241400C771.jpeg
AE203C7C-66A7-4B11-801F-B47281A5F78F.jpeg

1DAD3DAF-11C5-485F-9B98-F22BD5BB94C4.jpeg
7533D4E3-11EB-4840-9727-87428965EC89.jpeg
Now that’s a view to wake up to.

more to come. We will wheel the badge trails today, before heading to Hot Springs Arkansas.

8198019A-E657-4D3A-8CC8-D3FFEFEB4D63.jpeg
Good luck. if you are still planning on Big Bend enjoy Texas! Take Care!
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
You will be amazed by Big Bend. Once you are in that rugged country you can relax and enjoy things more. The crossings are much more rare in the desert mountains. Try hit hit Big Bend state park too. Every bit as good as BBNP I’m told, but I haven’t been to that park yet.

I don’t know if the row boat crossing at Boquillas is still operating. If you get the chance it’s supposed to be a great little trip. It’s been closed both times I went. The town on the Mexican side is so remote from the rest of Mexico that it is safe.

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
Big Bend is remote, unspoiled and winter is the best time to enjoy it. Lotsa wildlife in the Chisos Basin.

Enjoy and stay safe. 👍

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–
You will be amazed by Big Bend. Once you are in that rugged country you can relax and enjoy things more. The crossings are much more rare in the desert mountains. Try hit hit Big Bend state park too. Every bit as good as BBNP I’m told, but I haven’t been to that park yet.

I don’t know if the row boat crossing at Boquillas is still operating. If you get the chance it’s supposed to be a great little trip. It’s been closed both times I went. The town on the Mexican side is so remote from the rest of Mexico that it is safe.

REK looks so young on that cover!

Sponsored

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56
Hi,

You're missing a really cold day in Michigan, and 40mph winds, hope you have safe travels, not sure when you're going to be in Alaska, but me and the wife are supposed to be up there for a cruise in June I think, should have happened in 2020.

Hopefully I will get my 22 JLUR by then, either way glad someone can enjoy that long of a outing/vacation, enjoy, sounds like a once in a lifetime trip.

Regards,
Jim
Imlay City MI

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–
Our son is on the border near Del Rio with the National Guard. Apparently folks come from all over the world: asian, middle eastern, south and central american. Few Europeans as I understand it. Perhaps he cannot share some interactions, though what he has has been friendly. Folks literally looking for a new, better life. Makes me feel like I won the lottery being born here in the United States.

I have back packed solo Big Bend NP and Big Bend Ranch SP, as well as tent camped in Big Bend Ranch SP with our kids a number of times. Always had positive interactions, though infrequent, with locals and those crossing.

I have never worked in the prison system, though expect whatever weapon you have, or don't, you are prepared for any encounters—

Last edited:

Sponsored

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
Yep, as I posted on the scenic photos thread, had an incredible 5-day trip down to Big Bend from San Antonio back in November. I'm a born Texan, but had never had the chance to get there. So glad we took the time, as it is one of our nation's true natural beauty secrets. You will totally love it.

We lived in Alaska for 5 years (Eielson AFB outside Fairbanks). Our youngest daughter was born there on a day when the ambient temperature was -47 degrees. Our oldest daughter was born in Abilene on a 102 degree day. What a difference! Alaska was our favorite assignment with the Air Force, the only issue being the distance back home to see family in the Lower 48. It truly is the Last Frontier, and if you don't see it as God's country, well, I feel for you. This country just has so much natural beauty to share, and know those on this forum truly appreciate all it has to offer.

Have an awesome trip. Looking forward to more awesome pics!

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Great photos. Have a fun and safe trip!

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like a beautiful start to a grand adventure. Be Safe and enjoy the trip! Side note, sunrise is considered blue hour ;-)

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
sounds like an awesome trip!

looks like two of your trailers are an Intech and an E-pro. Thoughts on either so far? Intech is on my short list of possible purchases.
No trailer is perfect but the Intech's are really nice. The area(s) to pay attention to for the flyer series are the back door latch on the Chase (pictured above) and back door latch and kitchen slide on the Pursue. There have been reports for the back doors coming open when traveling and several reports for the kitchen slide coming out unexpectedly while travelling. A couple of the slides have fallen off.

I had a Pursue and did not experience either issue.

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
No trailer is perfect but the Intech's are really nice. The area(s) to pay attention to for the flyer series are the back door latch on the Chase (pictured above) and back door latch and kitchen slide on the Pursue. There have been reports for the back doors coming open when traveling and several reports for the kitchen slide coming out unexpectedly while travelling. A couple of the slides have fallen off.

I had a Pursue and did not experience either issue.
appreciate the response. The Pursue is the one I’m looking at if I opt for the slide out galley. Can’t decide if I want that or a rear galley style trailer.
Sponsored