dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
The good thing you guys have Keven is the lower humidity. Here in North Carolina we'll get a 97 degree day with a dew point of 70, and the humidity at 67%. You can go outside, stand still, and be wringing wet in 5 minutes. We've been in your great state several times, and well be through the pan handle the middle of this month. And even at 95 degrees, it's still livable as the humidity is only around 40%.
It's 82 at 6am. The humidity is 66% right now though it will drop some but the THI will be 8-10 degrees higher when it heats up today to around 100 or so . This is in far central north Texas. Go down to Galveston where it's currently 86 with a humidity of 77% right now and their humidity will not drop today so much like your area. I was there recently and forgot how unbearable it can be. The panhandle doesn't get as much gulf moisture but their temps go higher due to the lack of moisture. If I could only spend most of July and August somewhere else...

Original Scuba

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Yes, I will vouch for the Texas Humidity !!!! :facepalm: First time Jeep owner and found out real quick that 90 and Above here I stopped going topless. Texas winter will be Good time to go Topless a lot. Even when its 32 degrees I will wear coat. I love the COLD !!! :jk:
Very, very true. Yesterday I work up early and was going to take the tops off but then remembered the triple digit forecast for the next several days.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
A16E5DF7-8AA1-44ED-9EBC-F4C496FA90DE.png
I live in Deep South Texas and our monthly outlook is so exciting.

Sponsored

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
Dang! Probably felt that way though. Know how you feel, literally. According to NWS is 95*F & feels like 115*F here in TN right now. Humidity is 62% & the dew point is 80*F.

Would like to be in Alaska, or in a refrigerator.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Can a SW Florida boy slip in here?

I feel for y’all! I won’t try to one-up anyone. Y’all know what we have going on here. Stay frosty.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Dang! Probably felt that way though. Know how you feel, literally. According to NWS is 95*F & feels like 115*F here in TN right now. Humidity is 62% & the dew point is 80*F.

Would like to be in Alaska, or in a refrigerator.

Chief, we're sitting in Fargo right now and it's 65 degrees. I just looked at the weather, and we've got the same mess as you back home in North Carolina. I think we're gonna enjoy this nice weather here in the north for a while.

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
We went on electric curtailment today in Dallas. Littler more than the 800 degrees that he registered on the dash!

Sponsored

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
Yep, FL, NC, shoot, all the southeast & even the southwest is HOT in August. I tell folks all the time, come visit & have a nice drink of air.

Severe thunderstorms right now & the wind & rain is welcome. Dropped the temp about 20+ degrees. We will enjoy this while we can, & be happy when August is over.

Checked my dash temp today to see what it showed. It was at 119*F until the A/C got to working & I was rolling down the road. Still not 800*F. But, felt rough. We had to step it up when it came to sending personnel to rehab. They needed it though & definitely deserved it!

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed