So. Indiana to Traverse City Mi

MI Jeep Girl

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU XR Rubicon Firecracker Red
I'm definitely going to have to check it out sometime. Is the entire West Coast amazing? Or more the Northern half?
I have been up and down the West Coast side...you can't go wrong from South Haven to Holland, to Grand Haven, to Muskegon, to Ludington and so on....LOVE the West side!!!
Sponsored

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
I'm definitely going to have to check it out sometime. Is the entire West Coast amazing? Or more the Northern half?
IMHO, Michigan only gets better the farther north you get.

If you get into the UP, they have all of the logging roads that are a blast to drive on. Then there are the lakefront drives on dirt roads.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
I have been up and down the West Coast side...you can't go wrong from South Haven to Holland, to Grand Haven, to Muskegon, to Ludington and so on....LOVE the West side!!!
Sounds great. I'm assuming you've been up and down the East side as well? I've been up and down the East side from the thumb and Baycity area all the way to Macinack Island. Also been to the UP. Just never the West Coast.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
IMHO, Michigan only gets better the farther north you get.

If you get into the UP, they have all of the logging roads that are a blast to drive on. Then there are the lakefront drives on dirt roads.
I've noticed that myself on the East side at least. I've been to the UP as well.

Sponsored

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
The center of the state is nice too (Higgins and Houghton lakes, etc.).
I agree. That's as far West as I went. I actually caught a nice Northern Pike in Houghton Lake years ago. It's been along time. That was back in 2008.

MI Jeep Girl

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU XR Rubicon Firecracker Red
Sounds great. I'm assuming you've been up and down the East side as well? I've been up and down the East side from the thumb and Baycity area all the way to Macinack Island. Also been to the UP. Just never the West Coast.
Yes, we have. Love Bay City area and Algonac. Still prefer the West side, lol

CAP77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Growing up in the middle of the state, west of Bay City, I was always on the west coast. To me, it starts at Ludington, although my first trip to Silver Lake last year was nice as well. South of that is overpopulated with vacationers from Chicago. And the farther north you go, the better it gets.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mgenbox

mgenbox

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wrangler jl 2 dr sport
Thanks everybody for replying.
Got here late evening n got to enjoy the eve on the beach then eat at Red Messa. Wow great Mexican food and margaritas!
We’ll be checking out Twisted Trails ORV park this weekend that is close and some wineries n breweries on the Traverse peninsula.
Such a cool place u guys got up here!
Couple pics of our beach and one of Red Messa
May goto Mackinaw island one day and some other things around Traverse and goto Silver lake dunes on way home next week
You guys rock!

Jeep Wrangler JL So. Indiana to Traverse City Mi 11E232C1-6582-4535-BECA-C69B455E917C

Jeep Wrangler JL So. Indiana to Traverse City Mi 1C299418-99DA-47FD-BDA9-A79AFC8943C7

Jeep Wrangler JL So. Indiana to Traverse City Mi 9063C70B-6EEB-4CBD-A19D-083943DCFC11

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
What's better the East Coast of Michigan or the West Coast? I've been to the East Coast a couple of times but never the West.
West cost by far when it comes to scenery and nature.
Take highway along the shore line, stop by at places mentioned above. I would say it gets interesting once you pass Muskegon.
First one taken at the state park in North Muskegon.
Second Lake Charlevoix, Boyne City
3rd, Whitehall
4rth...northern Michigan past Traverse city in October.

20210831_203038.jpg

20210708_204922.jpg

20210727_204056.jpg

20200926_104214(0).jpg

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Thanks everybody for replying.
Got here late evening n got to enjoy the eve on the beach then eat at Red Messa. Wow great Mexican food and margaritas!
We’ll be checking out Twisted Trails ORV park this weekend that is close and some wineries n breweries on the Traverse peninsula.
Such a cool place u guys got up here!
Couple pics of our beach and one of Red Messa
May goto Mackinaw island one day and some other things around Traverse and goto Silver lake dunes on way home next week
You guys rock!

Jeep Wrangler JL So. Indiana to Traverse City Mi 20200926_104214(0)

If staying full week, dont go during the weekend...too many people. You can see island better on a bike instead of a horse carriage ride.

Jut got up north for this weekend myself. (Boyne city).
Sponsored