So. Indiana to Traverse City Mi

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
West cost by far when it comes to scenery and nature.
Take highway along the shore line, stop by at places mentioned above. I would say it gets interesting once you pass Muskegon.
First one taken at the state park in North Muskegon.
Second Lake Charlevoix, Boyne City
3rd, Whitehall
4rth...northern Michigan past Traverse city in October.

20210831_203038.jpg

20210708_204922.jpg

20210727_204056.jpg

20200926_104214(0).jpg
Michigan sure is Jeep country. I can't wait to see the West side. My only complaint about Michigan is its so flat. I wish it had some mountains. The lakes are definitely beautiful.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mgenbox

mgenbox

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wrangler jl 2 dr sport
If staying full week, dont go during the weekend...too many people. You can see island better on a bike instead of a horse carriage ride.

Jut got up north for this weekend myself. (Boyne city).
Gotcha. Yeah will do during the week

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Michigan sure is Jeep country. I can't wait to see the West side. My only complaint about Michigan is its so flat. I wish it had some mountains. The lakes are definitely beautiful.
Yes, not much to offroad in Michigan. Maybe overland. Have to go to upper Peninsula to get a bit more serious.
Overland pic from Boyne city...lol
Second picture might not have been legal thing to do in the Muskegon State park, (climb on the dunes).

20200926_114303.jpg

20201003_130435.jpg

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Yes, not much to offroad in Michigan. Maybe overland. Have to go to upper Peninsula to get a bit more serious.
Overland pic from Boyne city...lol
Second picture might not have been legal thing to do in the Muskegon State park, (climb on the dunes).

Jeep Wrangler JL So. Indiana to Traverse City Mi 20201003_130435

Jeep Wrangler JL So. Indiana to Traverse City Mi 20201003_130435
I'm more into adventure off roading and Overlanding anyway. Never been much on purposely beating a $40k+ vehicle to death. I don't have deep pockets like that. Lol..

Even when I order my 2022 Jeep Rubicon the capability will be for the what if scenario while traveling to places I've never been and to get to safety.

Some roads off the beaten path can go from mild to wild really quick. You never know. Especially driving at night.

Greenjeepthing

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport Mojito
Occupation
Retired Automotive Service Manager
On MI 22 is Point Betsie Lighthouse. There is an area of troqoius water that is quite the view.

Screenshot_20210904-090938_Maps.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
mgenbox

mgenbox

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wrangler jl 2 dr sport
Thank you!! Boxers are the best breed, IMO. Do you have them too? I can't wait to get my Jeep so I can take them for a ride!
Jeep Wrangler JL So. Indiana to Traverse City Mi 831C15F6-8069-499F-BA88-0CFEA2320226

I agree 100%! I have this guy givn a goofy look 🤣 and a pit mix breed
They love the jeep rides

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
What's better the East Coast of Michigan or the West Coast? I've been to the East Coast a couple of times but never the West.
The west coast of along Lake Michigan is better than the coast along Lake Erie. Better sights and cooler towns. Just more to do.

Sponsored

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
I grew up near Traverse, went to school in Houghton, and also lived in Milwaukee a few years. In that time I had completely circumnavigated Lake Michigan, going into every publicly available (and many not so public) beach access roads looking for great camp spots.

I've only been to the east cost of Michigan a few times, but I thought it was similar to the east coast of Wisconsin - cold, rocky, lonely. The east coasts tend to be just borders, that's where the land ends, nothing special.

The west coasts, however, feel completely different - warm water, sandy and plenty of dunes. Lots of cool little towns and people in a relaxed mood enjoying the beauty.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I grew up near Traverse, went to school in Houghton, and also lived in Milwaukee a few years. In that time I had completely circumnavigated Lake Michigan, going into every publicly available (and many not so public) beach access roads looking for great camp spots.

I've only been to the east cost of Michigan a few times, but I thought it was similar to the east coast of Wisconsin - cold, rocky, lonely. The east coasts tend to be just borders, that's where the land ends, nothing special.

The west coasts, however, feel completely different - warm water, sandy and plenty of dunes. Lots of cool little towns and people in a relaxed mood enjoying the beauty.
I would have thought the West Coast of Michigan would have been colder especially in the Winter with tons of Lake effect snow? At the same time I can see what your saying might make sense if you apply the Pacific ocean and the West Coast of the United States being warmer because of the ocean water and the westerly winds versus the East Coast of the United States. I just did think it would work the same with a lake.
Sponsored