Sponsored

So I went and done it. I submitted an application to be an instructor at Overland Expo East

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
So my brother in-law and wife wanted us to go with them to Overland Expo East. They had tried to get the time off to goto Overland Expo West last year and it did not work out.

I attended Overland Expo West back in May and had a wonderful time and attended five of their classes/seminars..... The seminars are typically 50 minutes long. Sitting in some of these, I was like, with my background in public speaking/training and the things Carla and me have done, I could easily fill 50 minutes of training and discussion.

Note: While they do pay the instructors, it is hardly worth doing this for money. The big thing is they wave the fee to camp and attend the Expo and give you free drink tickets. I believe that my campsite will not be a mile plus from the Vendor area.... Bonus.

This also gives us a reason to get back on the road and enjoy fall camping with colors. This could easily turn into a New Hampshire, Virginia, North Carolina South Carolina, Georgia and Missouri badge chasing trip. Then I would only have two more badges to get. Poughkeepsie Gulch and Dusty Ershim.

Dusty Ershim will be a 5000 mile trip to go get. The shame is I was within 40 miles of it about a month ago, but it was not open.
Sponsored

sherpaJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito! ~ 2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
cool! hope you get selected.
any good class/seminar/presentation starts out with a funny joke/story to warm up the audience. :idea:

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck! Hope you get it!

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
This gives me another reason to go and shake your hand and offer you a free drink via your free drink ticket.

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
Well based on my limited knowledge, you are clearly qualified for it. Fingers crossed!

Sponsored

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
cool! hope you get selected.
any good class/seminar/presentation starts out with a funny joke/story to warm up the audience. :idea:
I typically give out bite size snicker bars for good answers or questions. LOL. Works great with kids and adults.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Bring big Bag of snickers!!

Jeep Wrangler JL So I went and done it.  I submitted an application to be an instructor at Overland Expo East 1657394628466
Sponsored