Sponsored

So I read that no 2” lift kit will ride better than stock .

HardRock

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK Hard Rock Edition (FL); 2018 Rubicon JL (CA)
Yup. He is well known on WranglerForum and his expertise well respected. He works at a shop in AZ. He must have lifted a good 200 JLs by now. Because he works on other people’s Jeeps, he has no allegiance towards the particular setup that he owns.

For a daily driver, he continues to adhere to the same recommendation: Pro Comp K3111 + Fox Racing Shox 2.0 Performance Series IPF shocks.
Good to know. Thx.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I read Pressurized statements and appreciation for his knowledge is second to none. I didn't read all 57 pages but near the end, people were saying the issues with the Mopar lift was the spring isolators. Back in 2018

. There was hint that Mopar has since, as of later 2019 come out with different isolators to correct the problem. Nowhere did i see mentioned that maybe someone put a 4 cylinder turbo lift in a 3.6 by mistake. The extra weight certainly would cause something like this.

I would like to stick with a Mopar lift. I'm wondering if any body has installed the correct mopar lift in their JLU in the last 4 months and still seen spring bow. I called a couple of bigger Jeep dealers who have several lifted Jeeps for sale and of course I get. "there is no problem i have heard"
I used to be a loyal Mopar customer like you, until my Jeep dealer left me hanging high and dry for having a Mopar lift on my 2018 JKUR Recon. The Jeep had 8,000 miles, and the issues didn’t even involve the suspension; still they refused to warrant my Jeep pointing at the Mopar lift.

Yes, dealers are independently owned, but FCA allowed them to get away with it.

I stopped going to that dealer, and whenever I shop accessories now I will look at all my available options and go with whichever is the best. Mopar doesn’t get any more preferential treatment from me.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
So I read that no 2” lift kit will ride better than stock JLU Sport. Ones the Jeep goes higher it will change the geometry and it will ride like lifted Jeep. Is there any lifts that will improve the ride? I tried 2 inch Mopar on my last jl and it became a stiff bumpy ride. Please give me your advice . 90% highway , 10% Long Island beach. 35s , jlu sport 2019. $1500 Budget for the lift. Daily driver
Not true The Mopar 2-in lift which actually lifts it 3-inchs rides better than stock and even with aftermarket wheels and tires if you get the right ones. If you keep the same wheels and tires and just lift it with the Mopar left you will feel better softer ride.now when you go with aftermarket wheels and tires that all depends you can make it ride rougher if you don't get the right tire and wheel. Here's three pictures mine's dock and mine with the doors on and off Cooper s t t Pro 37s 13.50 17. And it rides better than stock. Put anybody in the passenger side and they can try to prove me wrong lol But seriously the mopar lift you can't go wrong for the price with the fox shocks. There's no need to spend three times as much for a metal cloak like people are going to tell you to put on. Rubicon express is good too for the price.You don't need to spend $4,000 on the lift

Screenshot_20190918-005936_Instagram.jpg

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLUR 3.0 EcoDiesel received 3/6/20
Not true The Mopar 2-in lift which actually lifts it 3-inchs rides better than stock and even with aftermarket wheels and tires if you get the right ones. If you keep the same wheels and tires and just lift it with the Mopar left you will feel better softer ride.now when you go with aftermarket wheels and tires that all depends you can make it ride rougher if you don't get the right tire and wheel. Here's three pictures mine's dock and mine with the doors on and off Cooper s t t Pro 37s 13.50 17. And it rides better than stock. Put anybody in the passenger side and they can try to prove me wrong lol But seriously the mopar lift you can't go wrong for the price with the fox shocks. There's no need to spend three times as much for a metal cloak like people are going to tell you to put on. Rubicon express is good too for the price.You don't need to spend $4,000 on the lift

Screenshot_20190918-005936_Instagram.jpg
I just received Mopar 2" lift for 3.6 engine. I will install it on my 3.0l diesel this weekend with addition of 3/4" front springs spacers. I will report result. I was reading instruction and there it states that correctly installed springs should bow outward. Not sure if people are not reading instructions and complaining about springs bowing out. Also replacing Mopar spring isolators with generic with so called more robust ones will cause lean to passenger side. Mopar is compensating for that. Passenger side one is taller.

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Not true The Mopar 2-in lift which actually lifts it 3-inchs rides better than stock and even with aftermarket wheels and tires if you get the right ones...
Looking good!! Did you add any additional parts to the suspension lift kit or are you just running the stock mopar kit? Additional parts would be adjustable track bars, longer LCAs, heavier duty steering components, rear geometry brackets, etc.?

I ask because there are so many different opinions with not much consistency. Some people don’t add anything additional and rave about the ride. Others need quite a few parts from the list above.

Your Wrangler reminds me of the one that was in the local dealership for sale not long ago. Maybe you inspired them?

A8DD897C-B4D0-459A-BC49-7F0F610E2C6C.jpeg

14FF82D6-14F3-47A5-9518-F0741EC258C0.jpeg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I was on the Mopar lift for about 8 months. I got 3.5” of height out of it, so I had to buy adj. track bar, rear t.b. relocation bracket, and adj. front lcas. Once I did this, it rode great on the highway and did pretty good wheeling.

I’ve since put on the rk xfactor.
The ride of a lift is so subjective, that people shouldn’t go on what others did, let the amount of height you get out of your lift on your rig determine if you should add parts.

If you get 2 to 2 -1/4 of lift I wouldn’t add anything, but you get up around 3” or more, the axles will be off enough to make springs bow and you’ll need more caster than the Mopar control arms can give. Anyway I just wanted to give my .02, for what it’s worth...:)

SamUSA

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_7718.jpg
IMG_7123.jpg
Also check out the Dynatrac kit - it's a great lift for a starter setup.
I have installed the Eudurosport Dynatrac 2" lift on my 2019 Jeep sport S and could not be happier! the ride is like stock even with the 35" BFG AT tires I have on, great quality lift for a great price.

Last edited:

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
So after reading this thread and the one linked where Pressurized recommend a bunch of kits I think I have decided on the Mopar lift to keep it simple. Does the mopar lift still have the factory rake, if so is there a way to make it level until he front? Other than the Mopar lift what Else should I add to make it as good as it can get? I read front and rear track bars, lca’s, tb relocation bracket.

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
So after reading this thread and the one linked where Pressurized recommend a bunch of kits I think I have decided on the Mopar lift to keep it simple. Does the mopar lift still have the factory rake, if so is there a way to make it level until he front? Other than the Mopar lift what Else should I add to make it as good as it can get? I read front and rear track bars, lca’s, tb relocation bracket.
I would just add track bars.

Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
you could add a .5” spacer in the front if you had a rake.

I would strongly suggest to get the RK front spring correction pad isolators and just toss the Mopar ones.

If you get adjustable track bars you don’t need relocation brackets. I also would suggest lower adjustable control arms.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I was on the Mopar lift for about 8 months. I got 3.5” of height out of it, so I had to buy adj. track bar, rear t.b. relocation bracket, and adj. front lcas. Once I did this, it rode great on the highway and did pretty good wheeling.

I’ve since put on the rk xfactor.
The ride of a lift is so subjective, that people shouldn’t go on what others did, let the amount of height you get out of your lift on your rig determine if you should add parts.

If you get 2 to 2 -1/4 of lift I wouldn’t add anything, but you get up around 3” or more, the axles will be off enough to make springs bow and you’ll need more caster than the Mopar control arms can give. Anyway I just wanted to give my .02, for what it’s worth...:)
Good statement you're right up to about 3 inchs is what I got and I had the nitto ridge grapplers it drove like a car I was so impressed with it. it's when I went to the Cooper SST Pro mud tires is when I had to add the adjustable control arms. After that I had no problems it drives like a car

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL So I read that no 2” lift kit will ride better than stock . IMG_7123
Jeep Wrangler JL So I read that no 2” lift kit will ride better than stock . IMG_7123

I have installed the Eudurosport Dynatrac 2" lift on my 2019 Jeep sport S and could not be happier! the ride is like stock even with the 35" BFG AT tires I have on, great quality lift for a great price.
Are you still running on the dynatraclift? Did you add lca or track bars to run the 35s? I'm looking to get this kit, since I do a lot of daily driving and moderate trails on the weekend.
Sponsored