Sponsored

So I read that no 2” lift kit will ride better than stock .

OP
OP
2f2r

2f2r

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU S
You’re driving on the highway and beach. Why are you lifting? On sand less aggressive tires will do better than AT or MTs.
I like the look of 35s, the 33 kind looks almost stock to me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
2f2r

2f2r

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU S
What size tires did you use?
What brand and tread?
What size wheel did you use?
What psi were you running in those tires?
What other under body components did you upgrade?

All of these impact the ride.
Aturro AT 35x12x20 pressure 25
Mopar 2 inch lift, front and back bumper EAG

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
:movember: The stiffer ride was to be expected given the 20” wheel, lower psi and those particular tires on paved roads.

I find the sweet spot to be cold 32psi but I don’t roll on 20’s. BFG TA KO’s or GY Wrangler Duratracs on 17” wheels seem to provide a really comfortable, smoother road feel than stock.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
yeah that right there has ALOT to do with why the ride was so harsh. The tire choice and load range for those tires plus the 20” wheel and that’s what you will get.

Sponsored

Maz7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not realy an expert when it comes to tires and left kit, but all i know 17x9 is the perfect match for a 35 in terms of comfort and off-roading.I got the 2.5 Teraflex leftkit with 3.1 Falcon Shocks, 2.1 Falcon steering Stablizer and the Teraflex 8 arms. It rides just little stiffer than the stock not that big difference. I wish if i had gone for the 3.3 with the fast adjust knob. Then maybe i would've got my jeep rides as soft as stock

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Be careful of what information you are offered. ProComp has always been cheap garbage. Tires, lifts, shocks, everything they make is bad. Rusting metal, poor paint, seemingly no R&D.
So...how’s that any different from Jeep...? :LOL:

The very expensive Mopar lift doesn’t even work all that well...

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
So I read that no 2” lift kit will ride better than stock JLU Sport. Ones the Jeep goes higher it will change the geometry and it will ride like lifted Jeep. Is there any lifts that will improve the ride? I tried 2 inch Mopar on my last jl and it became a stiff bumpy ride. Please give me your advice . 90% highway , 10% Long Island beach. 35s , jlu sport 2019. $1500 Budget for the lift. Daily driver
If lifted right, the ride shouldn't change much(if at all) or better yet will actually improve.

If all you have is $1500 to lift I would advise against lifting.

When you modify the height of your Jeep(or change its geometry) you need to modify and change everything else associated with it or the ride will worsen and/or add excessive wear on components.

To do it right, you need to upgrade to adjustable track bars, beef up the steering stabilizer, re-adjust the caster/toe angle, may need to buy adjustable lca's depending on lift kit purchased, have correctly balanced and inflated tires, etc...

....I dont even think $1500 can buy a decent lift kit and cover the install costs.

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
So...how’s that any different from Jeep...? :LOL:

The very expensive Mopar lift doesn’t even work all that well...
Who told you the Mopar lift doesnt work that well and what do you mean by that?

Fox shocks are top of the line stuff.

Besides, the Mopar kit is not a full lift kit so the kit alone wont do it. But if you know anything about lifting a Jeep you would know that.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I put on a Rancho 2 inch sport lift with 37s. I have the Rancho 9000 series adjustable shocks. I set them on the softest setting and run 26 to 28 psi in my 37s. My jeep rides way better than stock. When people ride it it they are amazed at how smooth it is. Michigan has terrible road and my jeep rides better than a lot of passenger cars.

I was just in the dealership yesterday, and let my salesman drive my Jeep. He could not believe how well it rode. Mind you he is in stock Jeeps all day dam nearly everyday with people on test drives.
20190308_181426-2.jpg

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I put on a Rancho 2 inch sport lift with 37s. I have the Rancho 9000 series adjustable shocks. I set them on the softest setting and run 26 to 28 psi in my 37s. My jeep rides way better than stock. When people ride it it they are amazed at how smooth it is. Michigan has terrible road and my jeep rides better than a lot of passenger cars.

I was just in the dealership yesterday, and let my salesman drive my Jeep. He could not believe how well it rode. Mind you he is in stock Jeeps all day dam nearly everyday with people on test drives.
20190308_181426-2.jpg
Big sidewalls do a lot to absorb the little road issues. What load rating are your tires?

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
I have the Mopar lift and found it on eBay for $1,100. A bargain really when you compare the price to equivalent kits. My stock JLR shocks(1frt.&1R) leaked with in 3,000 miles. The Fox2.5 shocks in the Mopar kit have over 6,000 miles and no issues.I added the R.K coil spring pads to the front, adj. frt.TrackBar and a rear T.B. re-location bracket to the Mopar kit for $1,500. total. When you comparison shop complete lift kit prices, $1,500 is not expensive and installed properly it does work well .
As mentioned, over inflated tires or short side walled tires increase suspension harshness. I run 37” x12.5r17 tires. When aired down for low speed trails to mid teens, they really seem to float over stuff. When aired up 28 PSI for hi way, it rides firmer, but not worse. I found the stock ride mushy for a 4x4. The over all ride and performance is very good compared to my stock JLR. :like:
You have adjustable track bars?

TravisRogers

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
The JLU is a terrible chase/camera car. We did a couple of tests for a car commercial and ended up back with a Cayenne and a Russian arm.

Even stock, the JLU is too bouncy, unresponsive, and lurches back and forth. If you’re doing 20 mph in a neighborhood, your footage might be usable.

If you’re wanting to film real, full speed running footage with cross maneuvers, hitting a manhole will launch your camera and gimbal into space.
Sponsored