Sponsored

So I found this today…. Where is the wiring ?

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I found this aux switch for $49.20 and located a plug behind the little slot opening in the dash. I have a 2021 JLUR. If I plug this in, where is the wiring bundle on the other end of this?

8DB5D625-AB2D-44EB-961D-4D0EBCE1165E.png
Sponsored

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
near the battery "if equipped"
updated my reply ^^^^^

Last edited:

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I found this aux switch for $49.20 and located a plug behind the little slot opening in the dash. I have a 2021 JLUR. If I plug this in, where is the wiring bundle on the other end of this?

8DB5D625-AB2D-44EB-961D-4D0EBCE1165E.png
If your Jeep didn’t come with Aux switches from the factory, you’ll need the entire aux harness/kit. Not just the switches.

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
I wondered this too as I didn’t get the Aux/tow package originally but saw the pigtail directly behind where the buttons are. It’s common for manufacturers to use the same wire harness but I always wondered what the other end was connected or not connected to.

I will say this, if you do want to add factor Aux buttons instead of the Lasfit or voswitch for that area, I certainly wouldn’t go through the passenger side firewall again as the instructions require.

instead I’d cut and splice the wires and make them longer, then go through the driver side.

there are several threads including my own of damaging thevery expensive wire harness that’s going through the passenger side firewall.

If that doesn’t sound fun either, just pay the dealer, this is one of those installs that if you mess up, the fix is extremely expensive and it’s really easy to mess up.

good luck comrade

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
They sell the wire harness too. I went down this road with my 2018, but I was interested in the tow connectors. Its a big job to install the harness, which includes going thru the firewall, under carpet, lots of panels and plastic parts in the interior have to be removed too. I was quoted 10 of labor by the dealer. So on my 2022 it was one of the first boxes I checked.... :LOL:

Sponsored

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
They sell the wire harness too. I went down this road with my 2018, but I was interested in the tow connectors. Its a big job to install the harness, which includes going thru the firewall, under carpet, lots of panels and plastic parts in the interior have to be removed too. I was quoted 10 of labor by the dealer. So on my 2022 it was one of the first boxes I checked.... :LOL:
for what it’s worth, Jeep changed the tow package kit and now they run the wire harness underneath the Jeep. No more pulling apart the entire interior

lashlee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR 2.0 Turbo 4 (Wife's), Tesla M3P (mine)
When I did the install of a set of Aux Switches, I used a long zip tie from an HVAC supplier (like a 36" zip tie) to help get the harness through the passenger side grommet. You're a lot less likely to cut a wire with a blunt/rounded end of a zip tie as opposed to a sharp flathead screwdriver.

eugeeezy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Ok. I just figured it had the kit since I found that plug behind there. 🤷‍♂️
It’s likely a dummy plug. You won’t find the aux wires under the glove box or next to the battery. My JL had the same plug.

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
If your rig didn't come with the switches you will need the wire bundle to. The plug in the dash isn't connected to anything.
Sponsored