Sponsored

So... how do you hang your fire extinguisher???

Dadgummit

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited -- 1966 Pontiac GTO Convertible
I have the Cooltech mount too. it is an easy install and is quick to remove in emergency. It works just fine with the Dominion offload Hi-lift mount for those that have one.
Sponsored

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
So forgive me as I've only had my jeep for about 6 months. Do you all have fire extinguishers in all of your vehicles or just your jeeps? Do jeeps catch fire at a rate that I should plan to get one for my jeep? Or is it just a look some jeep owners like?

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
Fire extinguisher is REQUIRED at every off-road place I go, and it has to be within reach of the driver. So, rear roll bar won't work, and I have a 2 door without the same clearances. So, I use that Bartact holder on the bar right behind the driver - not my first choice, but have to follow the rules. I like the one mounted by the driver's feet, as long as it doesn't get in the way. There are nice JK mounts for there, but not sure about JL yet.

Sponsored

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
It is very unlikely that you'll put out a vehicle fire with a single small fire extinguisher like people carry in their Jeep. Some offroad events require that you have one within reach, I suppose their theory is that if you're unable to get out and there's fire around you it might buy you some time.

Why I carry a fire extinguisher in my Jeep is that I once came across an abandoned campfire that was still busy being a fire. Looked like someone had thrown charcoal briquettes in a fire ring, cooked their lunch, then left. The charcoals had gotten hot enough they were flaming. I poured all of my water on it, but that barely made a dent in it. So now I have a fire extinguisher. I know I won't put out a forest fire with it, but the next time I come across a fire like that I'll have a better chance of drowning it.
Makes sense. Thanks.

Doug Huse

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, Fire Cracker Red, 2019 Winnie M/H, Kia
I have a pair of these on my 2-dr. Only 2 bolts needed to install & the bungees hold the unit securely.
You'll like it.
Shucks, the web site says this won't fit the two door with the soft top on.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Finalized mine today

Fire EX.jpg

Sponsored

77RRAD

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
M.O.R.E. bracket!
No drilling and comes with all hardware. Fits 1 and 2.5 lb bottles or anything 3 1/4 diameter.
CANNOT be used with soft top as it mounts in the same location as soft top mount.
9dViBVJ.jpg

Nk5I4S4.jpg

RON

JLR-AZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
So, I got this fire extinguisher to hang from the third roll bar. At least that's what I thought it was designed for... but I'm not letting any of that near my paint!

Any ideas or suggestions? I tried taking that little bracket off but it was ON to the point that I was worried about taking it off and damaging the internals ( I think I could rotozip it off but... ).

IMG_0461.jpeg

IMG_0460.jpeg

IMG_0459.jpeg
Cooltech is the best.
https://www.cooltechllc.com/2018-je...l#/78-package_options-bracket_h3r_nb300_mount

Reabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara unlimited 2018
I use the provided plastic attach from the extinguisher. Then i pass the 2 velcro strap from my JeepInformant flashlight to hold the plastic holder. I clip the extinguisher and i just add a long velco strap over it to make sure it olds in place. So total cost is only 1 long velcro strap.