Sponsored

So!!! Getting ready to go rough camping? Show your gear!!

Foster_WV

First Name
Foster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ & JLU
Last edited:

JINO

First Name
Jino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlurd
I don't have pictures of my gear.

But most of it goes in Plano cases, and on my roofrack.
6 person tent, bags, self inflating mattress, folding table and chairs, stove, gas lantern, kitchen stuff.
In the cargo area, I keep 2 fire extinguishers, bernzomatic map torch, spear, fixed blade, shovel, dometic fridge, ecoflow delta 2 and 220 watt panel, jackery 500 and 100 watt panel, recovery gear (kinetic strap and boards).

20230316_150252.jpg

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
So last year, it was camping out of our teardrop,
Jeep Wrangler JL So!!! Getting ready to go rough camping? Show your gear!! 1683633656942

This year we camped with a tent hooked to the Jeep and slept in the back of the Jeep.
Jeep Wrangler JL So!!! Getting ready to go rough camping? Show your gear!! 1683633757866

For the rest of the year we will probably camp with the tent hooked to the side of the camper like this.
Jeep Wrangler JL So!!! Getting ready to go rough camping? Show your gear!! 1683633850610

Jeep Wrangler JL So!!! Getting ready to go rough camping? Show your gear!! 1683633882380

Better options for when the weather is not cooperating on extended camping/wheeling trips.

Sponsored

cnapierala

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
So last year, it was camping out of our teardrop,
Jeep Wrangler JL So!!! Getting ready to go rough camping? Show your gear!! 1683633882380

This year we camped with a tent hooked to the Jeep and slept in the back of the Jeep.

For the rest of the year we will probably camp with the tent hooked to the side of the camper like this.

Better options for when the weather is not cooperating on extended camping/wheeling trips.
Tell me about your tent! We were thinking about doing a roof top with our square drop but im interesting in knowing how the tent "connects" to the camper, what mfg/ model it is etc. and how it works out for you. There will be 3-4 of us camping in the mountains of Colorado with 2 dogs so we need more space than a small trailer provides but don't want a larger trailer as i tow with a 2 door Jeep.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Tell me about your tent! We were thinking about doing a roof top with our square drop but im interesting in knowing how the tent "connects" to the camper, what mfg/ model it is etc. and how it works out for you. There will be 3-4 of us camping in the mountains of Colorado with 2 dogs so we need more space than a small trailer provides but don't want a larger trailer as i tow with a 2 door Jeep.
The tent is made to go around the back of a SUV. I bought it off Amazon and it takes about 3 minutes to set up. or take down. Super easy. Just three tent poles and wrap it around the back of the Jeep.

suv tent on Amazon

I am still working on the best way to attach it to the camper. I have it attached right now, but I don't like the way it is attached. I will fine tune it. This week.

Sidewalk

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Nothing too fancy here. If I am taking the Jeep, I use the cheapo tent I bought at Walmart right after my divorce that has somehow last for years now, and cheap air mattress (same story), and my bike. Set up tent, sleep, wake up, eat, tear down tent, go ride.

But normally I camp with my van because I can secure my bicycles inside. No heat/AC, etc, but still WAY more convenient.

Sponsored

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
What I take depends on the weather. If it’s going to be cold or crappy weather I tend to pack lighter, especially with cooking stuff. I’ll bring a scout stove and collapsible kettle and make freeze dried meals instead of bringing the scottle and making fancier stuff. If it’s warmer I pack less stuff for in the tent and more for outside of it, table, chairs, etc. Once my kid is out of a car seat it will make everything significantly easier!

This is my typical warm weather load out, which sees the 2 door packed to the gills hah. I’ve since streamlined and reduced size in a few areas, so this should fit more easily this year.
Jeep Wrangler JL So!!! Getting ready to go rough camping? Show your gear!! IMG_1611_Original

And my cold weather setup. I don’t have warm weather pictures of gear in the Jeep, but picture the ones below with even more stuff crammed in. When it’s cold I switch to an instant cabin tent that’s warmer and quicker to set up. It also has more space for the table and propane heater in the tent.
Jeep Wrangler JL So!!! Getting ready to go rough camping? Show your gear!! IMG_3887_Original
Jeep Wrangler JL So!!! Getting ready to go rough camping? Show your gear!! IMG_3888_Original

I dont have a picture but on site, but this was a “fit” test at home. As you can see, my adventure buddy helped test the stuffed animal capacity.
Jeep Wrangler JL So!!! Getting ready to go rough camping? Show your gear!! IMG_3609_Original

This is our most recent adventure, with school ending soon I’m hoping to get out again here before too long. We had beautiful weather during the day, well below freezing at night, but we stayed nice and cozy. The heater was a lifesaver when having to crawl out of a warm sleeping bag in the morning!
Jeep Wrangler JL So!!! Getting ready to go rough camping? Show your gear!! IMG_3910_Original

Jeep Wrangler JL So!!! Getting ready to go rough camping? Show your gear!! IMG_3913_Original

(that’s a rechargeable fan to circulate heat. It has a built in light that I turned on so I could take the picture)
Jeep Wrangler JL So!!! Getting ready to go rough camping? Show your gear!! 70079817055__56FE6FE0-D0B5-4F09-9BE8-78376D63C9CF_Original

Jeep Wrangler JL So!!! Getting ready to go rough camping? Show your gear!! IMG_3914_Original

And as a bonus, Bison traffic jam on the way home hah..
Jeep Wrangler JL So!!! Getting ready to go rough camping? Show your gear!! IMG_3954_Original