Sponsored

So do we just ignore how bad the jeeps ride??

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
I’ve talked to several other wrangler owners varying from stock, fox, to my metalcloak 6pak setup and then I finally drove a new one at the dealership last week. We all recognize it’s a solid axle and is ideal for crawling but how is it soo bad. I’ve driven vintage land cruisers, scouts, travelalls, these wrangler ride like shit. Have you guys just made peace with it? Obviously im able to just sell, snag something new and move on but genuinely curious how you enthusiasts feel about it.

Hey, newb...

48vc9y.png
Sponsored

Astheros

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Pilot
when i want comfort, i drive my 2011 honda pilot. the jeep is not bad but its no 2011 honda pilot.

ForgottenTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Sarge Green JLU Willys
i love how my Willys rides. other then the road noise from the Firestone M/T its way better then my Tacoma was or any other Toyota I’ve owned expect my sienna.

Sponsored

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Ride is subjective. Some people want marshmallows where it's so dampened and soft, others want to feel everything and have it ride like a buck board. To me my JL is pretty darn good. Smoother than the Jeeps I've owned before it, and better than the 3/4 ton trucks I drive frequently.

Jbudz511

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Sahara Altitude, '00 XJ Sport
Definitely better than my xj lol. My wife's HR-V doesn't ride that great honestly. That whole thing feels like a tin can though. But yes ride is subjective-ish and yes quality is inconsistent in the brand. OP you instigator, you!

Yawnie'sPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLUR, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
I’ve talked to several other wrangler owners varying from stock, fox, to my metalcloak 6pak setup and then I finally drove a new one at the dealership last week. We all recognize it’s a solid axle and is ideal for crawling but how is it soo bad. I’ve driven vintage land cruisers, scouts, travelalls, these wrangler ride like shit. Have you guys just made peace with it? Obviously im able to just sell, snag something new and move on but genuinely curious how you enthusiasts feel about it.
I come from a whole long line of a fair variety of other vehicles of all sorts, soooooooooo having a JT and a JLU now in our family - I really have to ask, with my experiences with other stuff I've owned - what bad ride?
Granted, my JT rides harsh now because I had to inflate tires for our cold weather and now that it's warming up again, I'm sitting on tires too inflated for the current weather and i feel a harsher ride, when properly inflated and with decent shocks, the ride is fine. Eibach shocks on the rear made for a harsher ride - but that's the shocks, not the jeep. Stock shocks had a really nice smooth ride but a bit more bounce than I wanted.

Our Jeeps do not ride like crap. The roads here are crap is our problem.

C.Sco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
We all recognize it’s a solid axle and is ideal for crawling but how is it soo bad.
You just asked and answered your own question in the same sentence.

Want a smooth right with great handling, there's hundreds of other options out there. Want the most capable crawler platform there is, suck it up. Can't have both in the same vehicle.

Also I feel like you're a little melodramatic about how bad it is, it's not THAT bad. I drive my jeep 2.5 hours every single day and it's perfectly tolerable to me. It's no Mercedes obviously, but it's totally fine, and a small price to pay for something that can do what it does.