Sponsored

So do we just ignore how bad the jeeps ride??

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
He (OP) joined this past Wednesday (today is Friday) and this is his first post. Makes you wonder....
Yeah I believe there’s 3 new names here now on the forums that just joined in last day or so, starting with ominous threads.

I’m gonna go make a few bags of popcorn, you want one?
Sponsored

Grayhound

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlurd
I’ve been driving Jeeps for over 30 years. The jl is the best of them, but my Rubi bounces down the road like my cj7 did at times whereas my sport s drive like a sedan!

Each jeep is different, but I wouldn’t compare any of them to luxury cars I’ve driven.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

I wouldn’t call it unnecessarily jarring, just the reality of the type vehicle it is.

2 door Rubicon yeah? The wheelbase is so short they have that lateral side skip on bumps in turns, it sucks but, reality of physics. I just rotated my neglected 35” unevenly worn mud terrains so now there’s some wobble over 50mph. Still love the thing.

I mean you know what they are capable of right? Have you gone beyond gravel and ruts? There must be a trade off somewhere. It will show up / leave other vehicles behind on offroad trips, can get awkward ?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '24 JTR, '19 Charger R/T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
It's probably your caster

Jeep Wrangler JL So do we just ignore how bad the jeeps ride?? Fucking Caster

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Have you noticed all the plastic used in a Jeep. I bought mine because of a love for plastic and the engine cover and Miles of Fun perGallon
That's a good point. I betcha he test drove one of those 3.6s that didn't come with an engine vanity cover. Completely ruins the ride of the Jeep when that's not there to control NVH.

Sponsored

Aussicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I was prepared for an "agricultural ride", coming from a Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel on air suspension. Must say I was very pleasantly surprised with the ride quality. Drove thousands of miles in the original shorty Landcruiser in the 70's, and that was like a tractor. The Jeep's ride has improved further with the new wheels & 315/70s (32 psi). Steering not brilliant, but for a solid front end, I think it's fine. Was also quite surprised at the brake feel too. Not bad. Overall, way way better than what I was expecting. For comparison, got a track prepped Maserati on Koni's (horrible) a '97 GMC Stepside, OK but steers like an oil tanker, and a performance Audi, just awesome. Oh, and a John Deere - rides very similar to the original Landcruiser!!

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Wait…

popcorn ain’t going to cut it here. I better fire up a batch of these.

IMG_9105.jpeg
Man, Dolly's muffins sure look like they got a lot of nut on them

ArmyRN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1946 Willys CJ2A, 1998 Jeep TJ, 2023 Willys JLU
It does make you wonder. Almost like I joined just to ask a jeep forum how they deal with the ride quality right.
Kinda does. On your first post you're telling us our Jeeps ride like shit. Way to make a good first impression. You make it sound like your opinion of how our Jeeps ride is a fact.

Subaru makes some nice SUVs. They're not as capable as our Jeeps, but maybe you'd like the ride better.
Sponsored