Sponsored

So do we just ignore how bad the jeeps ride??

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Lol, I still prefer my 76 pickup’s ride over anything new.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I test drove a new bronco was not that impressed with the ride like my jeep and my gladiator better. A lot of the other ifs 4x feel more like a jabba the hut would if you stuck wheels on him

6th Floor Mule

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6MT
The best thing about having grown up poor is understanding the importance of scrimping, saving, and researching before ANY purchase. It’s not like Wrangler ownership is a government mandate and we just need to “take it.” No one HAS to buy a Wrangler, so If you do buy a Wrangler and feel like you’ve been duped for whatever reason, I’d have to ask if due diligence was performed or if you thought your experience would be different/special. A straight axle brick strapped to a sheet of plywood will never satisfy the “Princess and the Pea” types, guaranteed.

Sponsored

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
I have almost 100,000 miles on my heavily modded 2022 JLURD and have lived out of it while overlanding for the last year. It is my ride-or-die vehicle. Is the smoothest ride? Not even close. If Elon gave me a Lamborghini to give up my Jeep, I would take the Lambo. Then, I would sell the Lamborghini, buy back my Jeep, and invest the rest. Let's be honest. Elon wouldn't give me a Lambo, and I sure as hell wouldn't trade it for a Tesla. It sounds like you're not a Jeep guy, and that's okay, too, I suppose. 🙄

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
Let’s just go ahead and put an end to this thread right…

Now.
Annnd 19 pages later. Hey OP, if you haven't done so already, let some air out of your tires.

ArmyRN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1946 Willys CJ2A, 1998 Jeep TJ, 2023 Willys JLU
I've driven my heavily modified 98 TJ across the country more than once, and up into Canada and Alaska more than once. It was an "experience" we'll say. A labor of love (it is what it is; I love my TJ and all the joy I've had with it). It was work, and it would wear you out a bit driving it for long stretches. Unstoppable off-road is where it shines.

I've driven my 23 JLU Willys XR 2.0T from WA to FL and back. Totally different driving experience - so much nicer. A pleasure to drive - I'm loving it.
This is my daily driver, & wife and mine's date and travel vehicle.

Jeep Wrangler JL So do we just ignore how bad the jeeps ride?? 20230315_165921

Jeep Wrangler JL So do we just ignore how bad the jeeps ride?? 20190817_102423

I've also got a 46 Willys CJ2A that I've had for 35 years now. I know how these old Jeeps drive. No comparison compared to these new JLs no matter what someone tries to tell you.

Jeep Wrangler JL So do we just ignore how bad the jeeps ride?? 20210105_123645

Last edited:

XYJGuy

First Name
SG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 430i, Acura MDX, 2 Hyundai Tuscons, JL Willys
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Bloody uncomfortable, based on my test ride.

Granted, that thing had forward controls, meaning my spine took one for the team. I couldn't use my legs as de facto shock absorbers on imperfect road surfaces as I could on a motorcycle that allows the rider to sit in a natural position. I wanted to confirm my suspicions about the traditional cruiser riding position, and I did. Perhaps the road sofa versions have slightly better ergos.

My riding experience with the Pan America was much better, but I had other reasons for rejecting that particular Harley.
Ha. Yeah, I learned to love my jeep. But its not a Lexus or BMW, thats for sure.

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
After decades of driving all manner of Jeeps and other vehicles, I'd have to say that my 2-Door Sport rides like a dream....it's almost too cushy for my liking, actually. My last two Jeeps were a 1999 TJ and a 1980 CJ-5, so one could argue that it's all relative, but zero complaints here. As others have stated, if you don't care for it, no need to fret...just trade it in for whatever feels comfortable.

Sponsored

InexplicableBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
I wish my dad would buy me a Jeep and new shocks!!
A little clarification: The son crushed his college experience and graduated on the Dean's list with a dual major. His mom and I were pretty damned proud of him, and felt he deserved high praise for his effort. He even lined up a new job before he was finished his last semester and was working there 3 weeks after graduation. Mom had received a nice bonus because she too crushes it on the job. So, we decided to reward our son for his hard work with a generous down payment on the JLUR to get him started in life. The boy, however, is taking care of the rest - $480 a month for many months to come... His hard work continues to pay off - new and better job, promoted within a year and now heading to Cali to help his company open a West coast office. In a nutshell, we taught him the value of hard work and the rewards it brings. He's certainly not pampered.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Last edited:

JLRyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Short answer, yes…it’s a Jeep. Longer answer, the JLs far better than the predecessors, but if ride quality matters that much, don’t by a Jeep.
Sponsored