Sponsored

So do we just ignore how bad the jeeps ride??

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I don't know where he went, but let me tell you what I know; I have a full set of sport springs & shocks, only 300 miles on them, like brand new! I'd be happy to sell him, they are butter soft, they can cure hemorrhoids. He'll absolutely love his jeep after he installs these rascals.
Jeep Wrangler JL So do we just ignore how bad the jeeps ride?? 1C880608-15DA-41CF-BA58-CC6044318192

for an off road focused, SFA vehicle ride
Jeep Wrangler JL So do we just ignore how bad the jeeps ride?? 3850FEA2-7C57-46FA-ADF3-C9DAF419481C

Atomic-Mouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JK - 2022 392 - 2024 JLR
I know I was really disappointed when I got my Jeep. Everyone I talked to including people on this forum told me Jeeps will go anywhere but how am I suppose to get to Mars if the Mopar Performance launch pad is always out of stock. I am also on the waiting list for the extreme duty door seals so I can go explore the Marianas Trench but I feel I was deceived, utter disappointment.

CMTAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLURX Anvil
My 24 JLU Rubi X rides pretty darn good. Better than my 20 willy's or 19 Rubicon. I'd rank it comparable to my 17 4Runner SR5 with an Eibach lift and Falken Wildpeaks. On a highway it's smooth, not a smooth as our Grand Cherokee, but then again it's an off roading beast.

Last edited:

Sponsored

kJosephT

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Sport S
I love the way my 2023 Sport S on 285s rides, just like I loved my 2004 TJ. It’s definitely not as “easy” as a nice sedan, but I think that’s what I like about it. I actually feel like I’m involved in the driving process; I’m not just a passive “rider.”

NJRon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 6MT (Earl)
I recently went to visit in friend in VA. I am in NJ so a good 4 hour drive there and back and I was comfortable. I think the seat leans a little to forward so I want to change the seat to tilt it back but other than that I have no complaints. This is my first Jeep and maybe the smile is too big I don’t notice….

Dale's Jeep

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 4door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired U.S. Army 23 years
I agree with probably a Furd owner. What's funny is if you goto their profile they are usually brand new members and get on here to stir shit up. Same use to happen on the Challenger Forum. Sometimes makes this forum not so fun.

OBD

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl Wrangler ,2016Soul,Dyna,Sportster,HD
Ordered my Willys two door in 2021.It was my third and last, as I plan on keeping it for the duration.It was hands down the worst ...on road...driving Jeep I have ever owned.At about 4000 miles I installed a set of less aggressive Firestone Destination AT2 in 285/70/17 and reset the toe in my garage.I was amazed what a difference just those two changes made.I couldn't be happier with the ride and drive of the Jeep now.

Sponsored

aville65

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bug, 09 Jetta, 24 Tiguan R-Line, 21 JL Sport S
Occupation
Retired
All part of the Jeep lore, firm solid ride, actually rides better sometimes than my R-Line VW. Nothing cushy about it, wouldn’t want it to be. All good!

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red

Rubi6mt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6mt
I equate it to buying a bunch of hot chili peppers and then asking why do we have to put up with the heat

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
At the end of the day it comes down to what you are use too. Compared to a tuner on rubber bands, a pickup on 20s, or a 3/4T truck a JL will ride and handle like a Cadillac. Compared to a Wagoneer, well now that’s a whole different world.
That being said, and I will say this again, I you can’t comfortably cruise down the highway at 75mph with one finger on the wheel you need to re evaluate you suspension Choices, whether its mods or maintenance something is definitely wrong. This is the part that gets me, is where people take heavy springs off of another heavy optioned model such as a Sahara, Rubi or 392 and then complain that it doesn’t handle proper and rides like crap because they ended up with 2” lift. Or never reduce their tire pressure from that ridiculous 37psi.
Sponsored