Sponsored

So Cal folks going to PM4X4 Annual Memorial Weekend Run to Stoddard Wells?

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6

We are thinking about it hard, as it is the only recreational event open. AKA Dispersed camping..
Sponsored

STRUBI

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon Unlimited

We are thinking about it hard, as it is the only recreational event open. AKA Dispersed camping..
Is that part of the high desert round up or a separate event?

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
thanks for posting this. I am interested but not a member of PM4x4 and know nothing about the run. I have plans for Monache Meadows and SB 4x4 Owens Valley run this week. This just might be added to my plans if I had more/trail info.

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
thanks for posting this. I am interested but not a member of PM4x4 and know nothing about the run. I have plans for Monache Meadows and SB 4x4 Owens Valley run this week. This just might be added to my plans if I had more/trail info.
@sourdough - can you post Monache updates if you go? This one is on my short list. I've seen some updates from PCT hikers and it looks like Monache is clear of snow, but I have not been able to track down any recent wheeling reports confirming if the gate is open or not. Thanks!

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I spoke with Kennedy Meadows General store today @ 559-850-5647. Reported, It's been rainy and windy but folks are out and about dispersed camping and such. I'm going up tomorrow but don't expect cell service. Maybe Thursday I can post, as I expect to be in Independance area and running Mazourka canyon trail south to north out Death Valley Rd. following California Backroads & 4-Wheel-Drive Trails guide. Life is good, Cheers. ...

UPDATE: 5/19/20 It was 36* at 4pm and road was closed and so was Kennedy Meadows due to Covid-19 a sign said.
closed
Jeep Wrangler JL So Cal folks going to PM4X4 Annual Memorial Weekend Run to Stoddard Wells? Monache gate 5-19-20

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
I spoke with Kennedy Meadows General store today @ 559-850-5647. Reported, It's been rainy and windy but folks are out and about dispersed camping and such. I'm going up tomorrow but don't expect cell service. Maybe Thursday I can post, as I expect to be in Independance area and running Mazourka canyon trail south to north out Death Valley Rd. following California Backroads & 4-Wheel-Drive Trails guide. Life is good, Cheers. .
Thanks so much! Happy trails

OP
OP
TCogs1

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
Is that part of the high desert round up or a separate event?
Not sure.. the face book post makes it sound like a club run, I talked with Jarid (point magu 4x4 pres) he said i was welcome and it was an open event, even though i am not a member.. super nice guy.. I will go on his run if I can't find something in the Sierra's (first love :) )...
Sponsored