Sponsored

So Are We Supposed to Wave to Renegades?

Ozarkpaddler

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade Ford F-150
no mall crawler gets waves!!!!!
Funny. My wife has a Rene and it probably, no, it LIKELY sees more off road use than MOST Wranglers? And out here in the Ozarks we "Wave" at Jeeps, trucks, Suzukis, Toyotas, Hondas, heck we might even wave at a Hummer if it aint all shiny! As drogers said, go ahead and be a little di@K if you like. I'll wave anyway whether I'm driving my truck or her Rene,
Sponsored

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I don't wave much or look around at other cars period, so I guess I'll be offending people accidentally.

WHOOPS!

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
I don't wave much or look around at other cars period, so I guess I'll be offending people accidentally.

WHOOPS!
I find that Wrangler-hunting while I'm driving helps keep me engaged with what's going on around me.

Usually. Sometimes it distracts me. Mixed bag.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd

Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Who let you in here??

Just kidding. I actually saw a Trailhawk out in the snow and thought it was pretty cool. That said, you need to recognize that - no matter how you slice it - the renegade is the "baby brother" of the Jeep family. So, like all other baby brothers, you need to be prepared for a fair amount of good-natured ribbing. But at the end of the day, we're all Jeeps. Your Jeep just happens to be a Scion xB with Jeep badging on it :cwl:
:cwl::giggle:

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Maybe his other vehicle is a Wrangler :P

CrAZJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 KJ
I drive an '03 Liberty, the genesis of Jeep's descent into the lamentable world of IFS, a unibody mall-crawler #FakeJeep designed to appeal to women, and an altogether poor excuse for a vehicle wearing the storied seven-slot grille.

That aside, this little Jeep with a 2" lift and 31s has taken me everywhere I want to go, mostly moderate-rated forest roads out here in the west. On the street I don't expect anyone to wave at me (especially owners of pristine, overbuilt JKs who drive over curbs to feel tough -- you know the type). However, on the trails I think you will find that most people wave regardless of what they're driving. Heck, I saw a Chevy Equinox attempting a trail WAY out of his league the other day and I still waved. Who cares what the badge says or if the roof and doors come off if someone is getting out and enjoying a little bit of nature in their vehicle?

TL;DR... Don't bother waving to me on the street as I probably won't be looking for your wave. But if you don't wave at me on the trails, I will assume you're a bit of a jerk. :)

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Maybe it's just a southern thing. I can't imagine having to make a decision on whether to wave back at someone.

Here, if you happen to catch someone's eye you just wave. Or if someone lets you in while merging you give them a little wave. Or sometimes it's a nice day and you are in a good mood and you just wave.

Doesn't matter what they are driving.

malogos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2018 BRZ tS
There are so many Jeeps in Colorado that I only really initiate waves to modified Wranglers.

Sponsored

Crazyramses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Bright White
Never been waved at by anything but a wrangler but its a "Jeep Wave" Not a "Wrangler" wave. Remember no matter your feelings about the model. They still have the good taste to buy a Jeep Product. ;)

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
Wave ediquite in Wichita Kansas...
  1. All wrangles and CJs wave at each other
  2. If the CJ or Wrangler driver does not wave back at you you assume he is...
    1. A Colorado snob (Where they have too many jeeps to wave.)
    2. Texting
    3. Falling asleep
    4. Or a drunk Texan
  3. In the country everyone waves at everyone. Buicks and pickup trucks
  1. If a peace officer does not see a returned wave, he legally has the right to stop you for
    1. Inattentive driving
    2. Texting
    3. Drinking
    4. If you have Colorado tags, you are probably stoned, and your going to be sentenced to the big house.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
As someone who drives a Renegade, I take offense.

WTH? "Are Renegades even considered Jeeps." Come on.

Throwing shade doesn't make your JL cooler.
See, you're making his point. Someone who's offended by a post on a forum doesn't deserve any Jeep love...
And, no, shade doesn't make a JL any cooler (unless it's parked in it), but taking the top down to let in the sun (and, no, those silly pop-tops the Renegade offers don't count) does...
S'O.K., I drive my wife's old CR-V. But at least I know it's no Jeep.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Maybe it's just a southern thing. I can't imagine having to make a decision on whether to wave back at someone.

Here, if you happen to catch someone's eye you just wave. Or if someone lets you in while merging you give them a little wave. Or sometimes it's a nice day and you are in a good mood and you just wave.

Doesn't matter what they are driving.
It's not a southern thing at all. We wave a ton here in New York, but because we're number one, we wave with just the one finger...I mean, almost everyone I pass aggressively waves at me in this fashion. Good ol' NY hospitality.
Sponsored