Sponsored

So....about the steering wheel saga 2021 model

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon granite 2 doors; 2021 willys Sarge
Vehicle Showcase
Well, for my own curiosity and looking to add another wrangler in the family, today I test drove a 2021 sahara. the steering wheel was all over the place.....I was thinking to maybe custom order a 4xe, but after today I am not. not risking a sloppy steering. ONLY test driving now on
Sponsored

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Well, for my own curiosity and looking to add another wrangler in the family, today I test drove a 2021 sahara. the steering wheel was all over the place.....I was thinking to maybe custom order a 4xe, but after today I am not. not risking a sloppy steering. ONLY test driving now on
Doesn’t sound much like a saga. Short story with very little information. This sounds nothing like my ‘21 JLUR.

OP
OP

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
my point was:
1. saga means all the steering mess and tsb that lots of ppl here complained in the past 3 years models, with the hope that the new steel box would resolve it.
2. didnt resolve it bc the 2021 models have the new box....

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
Sounds nothing like my Jeep. The steering on my 2021 Willys is ridiculously good. Tracks straight and has no slop or play.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds nothing like my Jeep. The steering on my 2021 Willys is ridiculously good. Tracks straight and has no slop or play.
I am happy you got a good one, and I love the willys. I was pretty disappointed when I test drove it. my buddy just bought a new sport s altitude. No issues .

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX

If you order and test drive before signing, you have nothing to worry about. This could have been caused by several things but overall the new iron box has solved the major steering issue. Also, there have been numerous reports of tires being over inflated by 15+ PSI...One of my tires was at 49 PSI when I took delivery...

4doorturbo

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
No need to blanket all Wranglers with the sloppy steering analysis. My ‘21 Sport is perfect. Steering wheel is solid, tracks straight and no wobble at all. Did you happen to notice the psi in the tires? Makes a difference in how it drives. Dealers often overinflate the tires on vehicles to minimize flat spots from occurring if the vehicle sits for long periods.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
my point was:
1. saga means all the steering mess and tsb that lots of ppl here complained in the past 3 years models, with the hope that the new steel box would resolve it.
2. didnt resolve it bc the 2021 models have the new box....
Could you be a little more descriptive in your experience?

Sponsored

JJMalone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392, '20 JLR, '00 TRD Tacoma
My 2020 JLR steers fine, always has, been trouble free with not a rattle or glitch, has 56,890 miles on it. I've owned '16 Taco off road, '18 4Runner TRD Pro. I'll take the jeep over the toys any day,.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
you must buy a jeep like a used vehicle, after you buy it check torque of all front end bolts and push fuses all the way in. pull off stickers off engine and exhaust if you dont like burning smell.

My steering started fine then got worse, then the electrical stuff starts, it could not seem to charge second batter for stop start properly.

Sure some are better than others, and one story here or there either way on any brand means little. however, I have seen enough to know the quality is lower than it should be, and owning a jeep means working on a jeep.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Same. Early 2019 JLUR, 12k mi since Dec 2018. No issues... yet.

JeepFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport 2-door
Possibly the tire pressures were set too high. The last 2021 Wrangler that I test drove had the tires set to 45 PSI. I recommend that you take an accurate tire gauge with you, and always check tire pressures before going on a test drive. Many dealers just assume everyone is an idiot who won't notice the poor handling.

OP
OP

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No need to blanket all Wranglers with the sloppy steering analysis. My ‘21 Sport is perfect. Steering wheel is solid, tracks straight and no wobble at all. Did you happen to notice the psi in the tires? Makes a difference in how it drives. Dealers often overinflate the tires on vehicles to minimize flat spots from occurring if the vehicle sits for long periods.
I owned 2 TJ, 2 JK, 2JL...if anyone has brand loyalty its me lol. Unfortunately I did not check the tires PSI. When I drove my buddy new JLU, it was perfect so I got my hopes high to go buy another one...The test drive just through me off
Sponsored