Sponsored

Snow Plowing with a 2020 Sahara (V6 Motor)

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati GT, Ferrari 355 F1 GTS, Ferrari F355 Berlinetta, BMW 335xi
Greetings All:

First, I'm sorry to even bring up snow in July but with all the craziness in the world I want to prepare in advance.

I live in the snow belt of Buffalo, Orchard Park NY (Boston hills to be exact) and we get a fair amount of snow. I also have a 250 foot long drive way - see photos.

Since 2008, I have used various snow plowing services as my winter car was a 2008 BMW 335xi. Frankly, all of the snow plowing services suck - they are not reliable and /or they mess up the lawn / landscaping. I realize that if you don't find a guy that lives very close, the reliability is likely to be terrible. I think I've exhausted all the near by guys and that is making me want to plow myself. Frankly, if I could find a good guy I would not do this as I don't want to own / look at / store the plow but I think it might be my best option.

I'm looking for suggestions from people who actually have experience plowing with a Jeep, specifically a Sahara. I've seen one model that has casters so it can be rolled around when off and I like this.

I have a garage that is like a show room - see attached and I really don't want to store the plow inside so I would likely store it outside at my business when not in use (summer months).

Please let me know what you guys think.

Thank you in advance.

My best, Dave

Jeep Wrangler JL Snow Plowing with a 2020 Sahara (V6 Motor) IMG_7530
Jeep Wrangler JL Snow Plowing with a 2020 Sahara (V6 Motor) IMG_0048
Jeep Wrangler JL Snow Plowing with a 2020 Sahara (V6 Motor) IMG_0047
Jeep Wrangler JL Snow Plowing with a 2020 Sahara (V6 Motor) Snow Plow
Jeep Wrangler JL Snow Plowing with a 2020 Sahara (V6 Motor) IMG_7094
Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I think I've exhausted all the nearby guys and that is making me want to plow myself. Frankly, if I could find a good guy I would not do this
Why find a man to do what you can do yourself? Go plow yourself.

OP
OP

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Because I run 2 businesses and work 70 hours a week and have an out of town girl friend so the time of resources is limited :)

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Because I run 2 businesses and work 70 hours a week and have an out of town girl friend so the time of resources is limited :)
It snow problem, clearly you’re a busy individual. I’ve plowed so many times I have to ask myself, “water you doing?” It’s cold.

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 3.0 Turbo Diesel
I don't know about plowing but I am experiencing Garage Envy!
Just built a new garage at the house we are moving to. I have to ask what finish is on that floor?

Sponsored

OP
OP

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It snow problem, clearly you’re a busy individual. I’ve plowed so many times I have to ask myself, “water you doing?” It’s cold.
You plow with a Sahara? If so, can you share what plow you use and how well it works?

OP
OP

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know about plowing but I am experiencing Garage Envy!
Just built a new garage at the house we are moving to. I have to ask what finish is on that floor?

I'm just finishing up the inner details of the garage (cabinets and such). I added 1100 SF to my existing garage - the ariel photo show only the original - the driveway shows the addition....

The floor is 5 day process - it's 5/16 thick starting with epoxy mortar, day 2 seal coat, day 3 black base, day 4 metallic epoxy, day 5 urethane top coat with glass bead :)

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Would a heated driveway work?

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 3.0 Turbo Diesel
I'm just finishing up the inner details of the garage (cabinets and such). I added 1100 SF to my existing garage - the ariel photo show only the original - the driveway shows the addition....

The floor is 5 day process - it's 5/16 thick starting with epoxy mortar, day 2 seal coat, day 3 black base, day 4 metallic epoxy, day 5 urethane top coat with glass bead :)

Looks Amazing - my last shop had an epoxy floor. I loved the look, loved how easy it was to clean but not a good finish for a working garage. Chips welding burns ect. But I must admit a lot of it could have been my fault since it was my firs time to apply such a finish. I am trying to figure out what to do in the new building

Sponsored

OP
OP

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks Amazing - my last shop had an epoxy floor. I loved the look, loved how easy it was to clean but not a good finish for a working garage. Chips welding burns ect. But I must admit a lot of it could have been my fault since it was my firs time to apply such a finish. I am trying to figure out what to do in the new building
I have the same floor but dove grey in my business. You do need to be careful but it's still very durable. Frankly, out of all the options, it's the only one I would ever have. Had Racedeck prior - total garbage.

IMG_2854.jpg

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
damn it, I got here too late. Couldn’t pass this one up.

“I think I've exhausted all the near by guys and that is making me want to plow myself. Frankly, if I could find a good guy I would not do this...”

Jeep Wrangler JL Snow Plowing with a 2020 Sahara (V6 Motor) 63A9C8B4-F502-48F1-9C74-C3B5443EC4EE

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at those garage photos, I think your Wrangler needs a Gladiator EcoDiesel to keep it company.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I'm looking for suggestions from people who actually have experience plowing with a Jeep, specifically a Sahara. I've seen one model that has casters so it can be rolled around when off and I like this.

IMG_7530.jpeg
I'll step out of line with the thread convo thus far, and attempt to address the question you asked.

Plow attachments for Wranglers are available; a local business specializes in them (for a variety of vehicle brands & models.) Click for example.

I've not personally plowed with my Wrangler, nor would I do so. That's down to personal preference as it concerns treating my vehicles with mechanical sympathy.

While my mission brief is similar to yours, Dave, I'm content to use this solution.

There is a small garage/gas station a few miles from here that has for many years used a CJ for winter plowing. The next time I pass that way, I'll try to get a photo. Their old Jeep is parked in the same spot, plow always in situ, unless it is being used.

Not my best action photo, but it was still coming down and I was in the zone.

Jeep Wrangler JL Snow Plowing with a 2020 Sahara (V6 Motor) Snow 2
Sponsored