Sponsored

Snorkels for the EcoDiesel

If you have an EcoDiesel Wrangler, would you like to see snorkel systems available for it?

• Total voters

TJ_HOOKER

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Ecodiesel
thinking I’m gonna hold out for other options. Not sure I wanna look like I’ve got an in-cab wood stove

1615357879493.png
Sponsored

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Its nice that we finally have at least one option. The shorty version doesn't look like it would block the view much but with the 18" extension it looks like it would block quite a bit.
1615357879493.png

I'd prefer something that hugs the windshield like the rugged ridge snorkel but who knows, I may end up ordering this kit some day if nobody else steps up to make a product.
A couple observations here...

A) This has GOT to be more restrictive than the stock setup.

B) Even though it’s drawing in outside air the piping runs right over the rear of the motor, where the exhaust piping is - a very hot area. The pipes will probably heat soak and heat up the Intake Air Temps like crazy.

Nice try but no thanks.

XTEric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUSD
Hi all...brand new to Jeeps. Just picked up my ‘21 JLUD Sport S. Lift and tires will be my first substantial mod. Other than the stove pipe, are there still no snorkel options?

Sponsored

OP
OP
MCJA

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
Hi all...brand new to Jeeps. Just picked up my ‘21 JLUD Sport S. Lift and tires will be my first substantial mod. Other than the stove pipe, are there still no snorkel options?
As far as I know, there are still zero snorkel options for the diesel - including the stove pipe version that River Raider makes. (The one pictured in a previous post is for the gas models.)

I'm wondering if AEV will make something for the diesels eventually. They tend to cater to the overlanding enthusiasts, and the diesel is a very viable platform for that type of off-roading. They also tend to be very late to market because they do a lot of testing on their products before releasing. So it's possible they might have one in the works. But who knows?

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
As far as I know, there are still zero snorkel options for the diesel - including the stove pipe version that River Raider makes. (The one pictured in a previous post is for the gas models.)

I'm wondering if AEV will make something for the diesels eventually. They tend to cater to the overlanding enthusiasts, and the diesel is a very viable platform for that type of off-roading. They also tend to be very late to market because they do a lot of testing on their products before releasing. So it's possible they might have one in the works. But who knows?
I asked AEV a couple months ago specifically if they'd make snorkels for the diesel. The response was that it was still being considered, but because of the relatively low numbers of JL/JT diesels (plus the fact that the airbox is opposite of the gassers), the chances of it coming to market were pretty low.

However, sometimes miracles happen ;)

mikeferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Diesel

Hauk does have a snorkel for the diesel. It just runs the pipes from the front driver side over the motor to the passenger side.

https://haukoffroad.com/all-product...diesel-wrangler-gladiator-expedition-snorkel/

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Today on facebook I saw Matt Feldermann of AEV say they're working on a diesel design. He said 2 things I thought were important besides the fact they're working on it. I know AEV has gotten tired of people pestering them about it, and I did not probe to get more info. I was just happy to have some info on this topic.
- "No ETA worth sharing at this time" which in context of the discussion would mean they have too many things to figure out still before they will know when they're going to be able to release it
- and "There are considerable design challenges to overcome first.... there is a reason why mopar doesn't even have one", So there is clearly some issues to make it work effectively and I hope its not just the whole partial driver side view reduction.

XTEric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUSD
Today on facebook I saw Matt Feldermann of AEV say they're working on a diesel design. He said 2 things I thought were important besides the fact they're working on it. I know AEV has gotten tired of people pestering them about it, and I did not probe to get more info. I was just happy to have some info on this topic.
- "No ETA worth sharing at this time" which in context of the discussion would mean they have too many things to figure out still before they will know when they're going to be able to release it
- and "There are considerable design challenges to overcome first.... there is a reason why mopar doesn't even have one", So there is clearly some issues to make it work effectively and I hope its not just the whole partial driver side view reduction.
Thanks Brewski, that’s somewhat encouraging.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Last edited: