Sponsored

Snorkels for the EcoDiesel

If you have an EcoDiesel Wrangler, would you like to see snorkel systems available for it?

• Total voters

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Any news on this? Finally got my diesel now I'm ready for a snorkel :clap:
Can't find one for the ecodiesel yet. I would be shocked if there is 500 Ecodiesels being built this year. So I am not sure how motivated the manufacturers are jumping to developing a produce as of yet. They may be waiting until the diesel comes out for the Gladiator before they put a lot of effort into the after market of something that requires a new design. That is my guess.
Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Can't find one for the ecodiesel yet. I would be shocked if there is 500 Ecodiesels being built this year. So I am not sure how motivated the manufacturers are jumping to developing a produce as of yet. They may be waiting until the diesel comes out for the Gladiator before they put a lot of effort into the after market of something that requires a new design. That is my guess.
Yea I was hoping for this year with that rugged ridge cowl-integrated snorkel but they’re going to need to solve the issue with the plumbing obstructing the filler caps at the back of the driver-side engine bay and they have a tiny market as you say...with probably zero R&D access to a 3.0.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I might consider one but it would have to be engineered super well

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Honestly, I’d just be happy with a mopar unit.
AEV might do one, but I’ll be dead before it’s released.

Sponsored

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Honestly, I’d just be happy with a mopar unit.
AEV might do one, but I’ll be dead before it’s released.
If AEV does one it won't be available for at least 2 years. They can't get anything to market fast and sure don't do a great job in guessing release dates...one thing for sure...they will miss the first couple of they even give an estimate.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If AEV does one it won't be available for at least 2 years. They can't get anything to market fast and sure don't do a great job in guessing release dates...one thing for sure...they will miss the first couple of they even give an estimate.
They can’t even get anything to market slow. Who brings the same bumpers to SEMA for three straight years without releasing them? Especially when the rear is the same steel and an almost identical design to the JK variant...

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
They can’t even get anything to market slow. Who brings the same bumpers to SEMA for three straight years without releasing them? Especially when the rear is the same steel and an almost identical design to the JK variant...
I know this one!!! Who is AEV! Lmao

Josephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I had the Rugged Ridge on my 07 JKULR.
That’s what I will be buying again once it becomes available.
Maybe I can get on the prototype list again :)

B7A8CAFF-1898-4EE2-A559-E83976C290D6.jpeg

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
When the 3.0L V-6 EcoDiesel was released, we learned that - unlike its 3.6L V6 Pentastar and 2.0L turbo 4-cylinder brethren - its air filter box is on the left-hand side of the engine bay. That means that current snorkel offerings for the gassers won't fit the diesel.

For those of you who own or intend to purchase the EcoDiesel, would you buy a snorkel as well? If so, which of the snorkel systems currently offered would you like to see engineered for the diesel?

There are plenty of other threads on this forum that deliberate the pros and cons between diesels and gassers, and plenty of discussions on the pros and cons of snorkels as well. Let's leave those discussions to those threads. My intent in creating this thread is to canvass the diesel owners (or prospects) to get a sense of how many would want snorkel systems for their rigs.
Thanks for this information. It is useful to know which gas mods won't work on the diesel.

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
I was very happy with my AEV snorkel and Sy-Klone prefilter on my JK, I’d buy an AEV one if they released one. It did make engine work a bit of a pain when I had to remove the air box.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the Rugged Ridge on my 07 JKULR.
That’s what I will be buying again once it becomes available.
Maybe I can get on the prototype list again :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Snorkels for the EcoDiesel B7A8CAFF-1898-4EE2-A559-E83976C290D6
I asked them on IG if they’re working on a 3.0 variant and the answer was just no. Gonna be a while.

imjester77

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Eco Diesel; 2014 JKU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, I would like to see the RR low profile version. Sorry to be that guy, but at $55k I really don't feel like putting my entire Jeep in water above the steering wheel. But I have already forged mid door and a snorkel would have been nice, just in case. (Honestly did not think the water was that deep). On a side note, the door seals held and I had no water intrusion.

OP
OP
MCJA

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
I like the RR version too for its under-the-hood mounting style. I put my windshield down occasionally though, so the cowl-mounted filter would get in the way.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Personally, I would like to see the RR low profile version. Sorry to be that guy, but at $55k I really don't feel like putting my entire Jeep in water above the steering wheel. But I have already forged mid door and a snorkel would have been nice, just in case. (Honestly did not think the water was that deep). On a side note, the door seals held and I had no water intrusion.
Intake elevation to roof level is more for reduction in dust than water. Cooler, cleaner air is worth the obstruction of windshield folding in my book.
Sponsored