OP
Springtail

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC

IceInfusion

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Do you ship to Canada? When I put in my postal code on the website it says something along the lines of “shipping address not found”.

OP
OP
Springtail

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
Do you ship to Canada? When I put in my postal code on the website it says something along the lines of “shipping address not found”.
The website does not ship internationally....we do sell on eBay which has a very competitive international shipping program for much better rates than we could ever get.

Doc

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Do you make something that is not a table but just a molle attachment point?

OP
OP
Springtail

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
Do you make something that is not a table but just a molle attachment point?
Sorry....we used to for the JK and no one bought it. Everyone wants a table.

Doc

Sponsored

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
I must have been the only one who bought this for the JK - cannot think of who made it. Just need a simple place for the kit.

If you attach the molle bags filled with goodies (heavy recovery goodies), does that count towards the allowable 25lbs for the table? So it would not be hard to exceed the weight limit with just the bags and have none leftover for the table - am I thinking correctly?

OP
OP
Springtail

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
I must have been the only one who bought this for the JK - cannot think of who made it. Just need a simple place for the kit.

If you attach the molle bags filled with goodies (heavy recovery goodies), does that count towards the allowable 25lbs for the table? So it would not be hard to exceed the weight limit with just the bags and have none leftover for the table - am I thinking correctly?
OK...For starters, You may not need to buy anything because (in theory at least) you can attach MOLLE bags through the plastic panel already on the JL. I have not personally tried it....it appears to be kind of tedious but I suppose do-able.

The short answer is "yes".....The long answer is a bit more complex....The "25 pound weight limit" is actually set by MOPAR and I would assume it is based on the mounting points on the door itself. I am confident that you could set 3x that amount on the Springtail table and it would not phase it but could the door mounts hold it and not break??? I dunno.

The concern that I would have with putting that amount of recovery equipment on the door is that, that kind of weight of gear probably belongs strapped to the cargo floor. For example: In the event of a highway speed accident....if a set of shackles got loose because they were in a cheap bag or one poorly fastened, they could become killer missiles. The lower they are in the cargo area...the better.

With the introduction of Bubba Rope Soft Shackles....I'm not even sure there is a need for heavy shackles anymore...as they are safer all around.

https://www.amazon.com/Bubba-Rope-G...s=bubba+rope&qid=1556045283&s=gateway&sr=8-12

Doc

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Excellent point Doc. I keep only the soft shackles and ropes on the door with other items. The back-up D-shackles and such are kept safer so they do not become a safety issue.

I saw the slats on the door but do not feel they are really that good. Would like something more robust - like your table...

OP
OP
Springtail

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
Excellent point Doc. I keep only the soft shackles and ropes on the door with other items. The back-up D-shackles and such are kept safer so they do not become a safety issue.

I saw the slats on the door but do not feel they are really that good. Would like something more robust - like your table...

Two little tidbits to add in support of a "table" over a plain fixed rack....

1) The grid will fold down to give easier access to the back for threading or bolting on accessories.

2) If you are creative....you can store some thinge between the grid and the backing plate (see picture).

Considering that a fixed rack is about 1 inch thick and our table is about 1.5 inches thick....that is a fair amount of convenience for the price of 1/2 inch (trust me when I tell you that the old way off threading MOLLE sucked).

JLRD-FT%20Loaded%20Up_zpsy5sztyzk.jpg

JLRD-FT%20Loaded%20Back%20Plate%202_zpsbx0jrewz.jpg

Doc

OP
OP
Springtail

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
If anyone is interested, I have 2 Blemished Tables (no bags or risers) to sell.

$160 (Free shipping lower 48 states USA)

I don't have pictures as my staff packs them up right away for sale (and they generally go fast)....usually, they are minor blemishes in the powder-coat or stainless parts that fall into the grey zone of being not good enough to sell as new and not bad enough to send back to powdercoat. Most customers say that the blemishes are no worse that how the rack would look after a couple weeks of use.
That said....its all cosmetic, For this price, we only guarantee the function of the rack. Don't buy one if you are super fussy.

If interested....email me at [email protected] (please don't PM here).

Doc

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
If anyone is interested, I have 2 Blemished Tables (no bags or risers) to sell.

$160 (Free shipping lower 48 states USA)

I don't have pictures as my staff packs them up right away for sale (and they generally go fast)....usually, they are minor blemishes in the powder-coat or stainless parts that fall into the grey zone of being not good enough to sell as new and not bad enough to send back to powdercoat. Most customers say that the blemishes are no worse that how the rack would look after a couple weeks of use.
That said....its all cosmetic, For this price, we only guarantee the function of the rack. Don't buy one if you are super fussy.

If interested....email me at [email protected] (please don't PM here).

Doc
Sent you Email.

OP
OP
Springtail

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
One Blemish table left....

Doc

OP
OP
Springtail

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
Status
Not open for further replies.