Woodynj

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Same thought on the logo. If it needs to allow air flow make some additional slots that would allow other items to attach while open, like peg board or something. Would be cool to have a cup holder or other things that could attach and make it more functional.

The logo as is is a deal killer for me.
Sponsored

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
Is there a bottle opener built in somewhere?

Sponsored

Maximusdafarmer

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6MT
Occupation
Mariner
Vehicle Showcase
I like this... looks very well designed. I may just suck it up since the logo is hidden when closed, but I completely agree with all the other comments on the logo. There are some brands/ products I just will not buy because I am so tired of everyone cutting their logo into all the products.

OP
OP
Springtail

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
Same thought on the logo. If it needs to allow air flow make some additional slots that would allow other items to attach while open, like peg board or something. Would be cool to have a cup holder or other things that could attach and make it more functional.

The logo as is is a deal killer for me.
Yep. Logo
Same concern with the logo. Would not buy with that. Cool looking product otherwise...
I like this... looks very well designed. I may just suck it up since the logo is hidden when closed, but I completely agree with all the other comments on the logo. There are some brands/ products I just will not buy because I am so tired of everyone cutting their logo into all the products.
I'm beginning to sense that you guys may not all be on board with the logo....LOL

I guess that now is as good of a time as any to tell you that I have mostly just been screwing with you. This has been an inside joke with myself and my engineer on how far one could go with a logo and get customers to buy into it. Obviously, this was well beyond those limits even tucked behind the closed panel. :) If you look at the rest of our products....you will see that we are generally pretty laid back when it comes to logo size and placement. There will be a logo somewhere....it just won't punch in the face like this one does.

The reality is that.....prototypes allow us to mess around with new ideas and concepts, both functional and aesthetic. Since multiple prototypes are generally needed, it allows us some latitude to test out new ideas (and many times create new problems).

Yes, there is a need for ventilation to the door vents but through experimentation we can modulate that through the sides by adjusting the spacers and distance away from the door panel.

As far as creating new problems....yeah we have done that too. I have been listening to you guys about mounting stuff between the rack and back plate. We have found that while on the surface it sounds like a great idea.....not so much. The lesson is that if you have anything in the middle of the two surfaces that requires forcing the rack shut to engage the clamps. There is enough of a fulcrum created that under the right circumstances it will bend the clamp tabs. We work very hard to make our products pretty stupid-proof.....so this is the latest potential issue for us to sort out. I can't change the laws of physics but we should be able to diminish the consequences if something like that happens.

Also....each new application offers new challenges as far as squeaks and rattles go. What works on the FJC and the JK....may not work on the JL. Those continue to get sorted as well.

I guarantee that no one else puts this much effort into their tailgate product.

I doubt that we are going to meet out Late Sept release date.....but I promise that the next model will be sans the giant logo.

Doc

OP
OP
Springtail

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
OP
OP
Springtail

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
Same concern with the logo. Would not buy with that. Cool looking product otherwise...
Is there a bottle opener built in somewhere?
OK Update time:

1) The giant logo is officially history....I have found a nice place where I should be able to Laser etch it in. Discrete and aesthetically pleasing. At this point I am planning on leaving that back panel as a blank slate so to leave it open for individuals to drill or mount whatever they want. The should be limited room for the placement of nuts on the backside for mounting accessories.

2) There is the potential for up to 3 bottle openers on the rack (2 different styles). We will see how they work and I am looking forward to testing them out.

The bad news is that due to some fairly significant changes that I have made and the busy schedule of my manufacturer....the finished product will likely be released late Oct/Early November. The whole goal is to get you guys the most reliable and silent table out there. It will be worth the wait!

Doc

Traveler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Hella Yella, 2011 JK, 1997 TJ Sport, 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland
Very interested when you get to production.

Sponsored

dangerz

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
OK Update time:

1) The giant logo is officially history....I have found a nice place where I should be able to Laser etch it in. Discrete and aesthetically pleasing. At this point I am planning on leaving that back panel as a blank slate so to leave it open for individuals to drill or mount whatever they want. The should be limited room for the placement of nuts on the backside for mounting accessories.

2) There is the potential for up to 3 bottle openers on the rack (2 different styles). We will see how they work and I am looking forward to testing them out.

The bad news is that due to some fairly significant changes that I have made and the busy schedule of my manufacturer....the finished product will likely be released late Oct/Early November. The whole goal is to get you guys the most reliable and silent table out there. It will be worth the wait!

Doc
Awesome, can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I kind of like the Jeep grill logo on the back, although it bugs me that it's not symmetrical. But the name is sort of in your face like you said. However leaving the back solid would allow for easier cleanup for those of us who would use it as a cooking surface. Overall, it looks like a pretty solid table. Definitely something I'll consider whenever I can get my JLUR, but someone needs to buy my TJ first.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Not sure what the big deal is about logo. Not like you use a table all the time and when you do, think “ gee, I shouldn’t use this functional accessory because this logo cramps my style when I’m out here in the middle of nowhere”

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Awesome news on the bottle opener. I would definitely be on the list for this product.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.