Snazzberry Sport S JLU Mostly Mild Build

hsracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2DR JL Sport (Sold); 2022 JLU Sport S ordered
Just received my 2022 Sport S JLU from Gupton and would like to document the build here. I'm coming from a 2020 Sting Gray JL Sport. My heart is with the two door, but with a baby in the near(ish) future, my brain said get the four door. So out with the old (but still pretty new), and in with the new.

Specs:
2022 JLU Sport S
3.6L V6
Manual Transmission
Dana 44 Rear with LSD
Gorilla Glass
Tow Package with Aux Switches

What I'm coming from:

20210114_175033.jpg

Parts I Already Have:

Rubicon Take Off Suspension with 3/4" front spacers to level it out (from previous build)
Gladiator Rubicon Take Off Wheels and Tires -285/70/r17 Wildpeak M/Ts (from previous build)
EVO MFG Protek Engine, Trans and Exhaust Loop Skid (from previous build)
Teraflex Antenna/Flag Mount (from previous build)
Misc. Small Stuff

Future Plans:
Aluminum or Steel Front Bumper with Winch (completely undecided)
Maybe a Rear Bumper?
Regear to 4.56s
ARB Single Engine Mount
Bump up to 34's or 35's

First up will be a good clean, clay bar, and ceramic coating. Looking forward to updating this thread as I go. Fair warning, it will probably be slow going.

Here's the starting point from when it got delivered tonight:

20220207_210438.jpg

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Nice looking Jeep! You will be getting there faster than I am. Been working on mine for well over 2.5 years and haven't touched the tires, wheels or added a lift yet. Getting close to changing tire size to 35's though.

Going slow has given me time to consider all of the options and realize I've overlooked some. Bumper search was long and painful for me. Tire search is getting pretty close to painful. Spent about a month so far just thinking on that lol.

Good luck and enjoy the transformation!

OP
OP

hsracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice looking Jeep! You will be getting there faster than I am. Been working on mine for well over 2.5 years and haven't touched the tires, wheels or added a lift yet. Getting close to changing tire size to 35's though.

Going slow has given me time to consider all of the options and realize I've overlooked some. Bumper search was long and painful for me. Tire search is getting pretty close to painful. Spent about a month so far just thinking on that lol.

Good luck and enjoy the transformation!
Thanks!

There's definitely some analysis paralysis that goes on with these things if you think about them too long. Luckily I have been pretty happy with my selections so far

OP
OP

hsracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Small updates tonight. It got a good clean (it was filthy from the ride on the truck), clay bar, and ceramic coat. I also cut off those stupid Euro bumper flairs and added some Rugged Ridge door sill guards. More to come...

Hopefully some daylight photos at some point too lol...
20220208_193123.jpg

20220208_215818.jpg

TopLift Pros