Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
  • Banned
Hello! My wife and I are taking a road trip and will end up at SMORR on Monday, May 30 to knock out some BoH trails. We'll be coming in a stock JLUR and hoping to hit Pee Wee's Crossing and Guard Rail. Guard Rail will be the highest rated level trail I've done, hoping the stock Rubicon will be able to do it, assuming so. Anyone interested in coming along or have any suggestions? We're only spending one day and night at SMORR and then heading South to Hot Springs Off Road Park to knock out some more BoH trails, if interested there too.
Sponsored

gek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Code Monkey
Just got home from SMORR, you can totally do Pee Wee's in a stock Rubi. It had rained there recently so the water was kind of deep in spots, but still should not be an issue. Most people were staying off of Guard Rail though. Since it rained it was slick and had some pretty deep ruts from someone attempting it. After looking at it we decided to skip it this trip, there is always next time.

OP
OP
hiimmike

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
  • Banned
Just got home from SMORR, you can totally do Pee Wee's in a stock Rubi. It had rained there recently so the water was kind of deep in spots, but still should not be an issue. Most people were staying off of Guard Rail though. Since it rained it was slick and had some pretty deep ruts from someone attempting it. After looking at it we decided to skip it this trip, there is always next time.
Good to know, thanks! If it was dry do you think it would be do able? I don’t know the next time I’ll make it all the way there from CO.

gek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Code Monkey
Good to know, thanks! If it was dry do you think it would be do able? I don’t know the next time I’ll make it all the way there from CO.
I would have to see it in the dry, but based on what I saw I am not sure I would try it in a stock Willys, but if I had lockers and a bit of a lift, like a stock rubi, I would probably consider it.

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
Ive been to SMORR plenty and Both trails can be done by a stock sport. The only catch is that if it is wet guardrail can be very difficult in one area.

Guard rail is not directional so you could go down it and run the full length EXCEPT the mud climb out, turn around and go out the way you came in or go down the muddy side. It would still mean some steep climbs but it would be on rock instead of mud.

PeeWees is a very easy trail with a few spots to try stuff if you want or you can take a bypass. It's one of my favorite trails just because you can spend a hot day cruising in the shade in the water and cool down nicely.
Sponsored