Smoked Hourglass Taillight Brightness

TyRoosevelt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep JL
I have seen many posts of many people getting varying brands of the smoked hourglass taillights for their JL.

What I want to know is if any one brand seems brighter than others? Is it worth it to spend extra on Oracle or Quake? Oracle claims that there product is brighter than the "knockoffs" so I am curious what everyone's thoughts are with regards to actual light output.

And has anyone run into any issues with potentially getting rear ended during the day as a result of the smoked lenses? Are they clearly visible from 300 feet, 500 feet, etc.?

Thanks
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I've yet to see a pair that was anywhere near as bright as non tinted. Most that I've seen in the wild, have brake lights that are just noticeably brighter than regular running lights and running lights that are hardly visible in the daylight.

In my opinion, its one of those modifications that looks cool when parked but comes at the cost of being as attention grabbing out in the traffic filled with people that put half their attention in the phone that they're holding down and out of the sight of cops. I prefer to always have my parking lights and fogs on, even on the brightest of days, to make me that much more noticeable to the facebook updaters.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Had mine for a while now, seem plenty bright to me, the reverse light needs a boost though for sure. I added a light bar under my bumper tapped into my reverse wiring.

OP
OP
TyRoosevelt

TyRoosevelt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep JL
Had mine for a while now, seem plenty bright to me, the reverse light needs a boost though for sure. I added a light bar under my bumper tapped into my reverse wiring.
Which company did you get your lights from?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Sponsored

OP
OP
TyRoosevelt

TyRoosevelt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep JL

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
How far away can someone see them in daylight? What would you guess?
Sorry, any distance would just be a guess, but they are quite a bit brighter than the stock halogens.

Chrishegs27

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
I ordered the KiwiMaster's off Amazon and I'm super disappointed. I spent a few months reaching out to them because the back left taillight wasn't sealed properly and currently has water inside of it. Amazon processed a credit back to me since they have not been responding to them either apparently. Just need a good sale from Oracle and I'm going to pull the trigger on those tail lights.
Sponsored