Sponsored

Smittybuilt HI Lift Jack Mount on a Smittybuilt HD Pivot tire Carrier - NO INSTRUCTIONS or INSTALL VIDEOS for jack mount- HELP!

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR. 2022 JLUR. 2018 JL Sahara
I can't seem to find instructions or videos anywhere online. I am not sure where to put the base plate for the jack once it gets installed. The mount is not big enough at the bottom to allow you to keep the jack base plate on when mounting. Has anyone installed one of these Smittybuilt Jack Mount item # 7744? I would kill for a photo or two. The one shit photo they give you on the site for Smittybilt (I do love their products) doesn't show enough detail unfortunately. Thanks in advance guys!
Sponsored

Jeepr

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 2dr Rubicon
I can't seem to find instructions or videos anywhere online. I am not sure where to put the base plate for the jack once it gets installed. The mount is not big enough at the bottom to allow you to keep the jack base plate on when mounting. Has anyone installed one of these Smittybuilt Jack Mount item # 7744? I would kill for a photo or two. The one shit photo they give you on the site for Smittybilt (I do love their products) doesn't show enough detail unfortunately. Thanks in advance guys!
Did you get this installed? Did you purchase 2844? Looks like I have found my way into your boat.

OP
OP
Anthonylewis208
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR. 2022 JLUR. 2018 JL Sahara
Did you get this installed? Did you purchase 2844? Looks like I have found my way into your boat.

You have to raise the guts of the jack up a few notches and then you can secure with provided hardware. The base will end up being elevated and does NOT rest on the floor of the jack stand like most. Ill try to post a photos later. Makes the jack bar sit up about 8 inches above the rest of the jack... not ideal IMHO

Danielos2

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 4-door Sting-Grey
I installed the smittybilt tire carrier and have same problem with the jack mount, one has to leave the thoughts in your brain on other jack mounts and how they work, and think outside the box. I don't like company's who kind of fool you with things like "Engineered in U.S.A" kind of trickery really, when its made in China (good for Poison Spyder for keep it all in U.S.A) another thing is why they don't give the instructions on jack mount in the box....uuhhhh, anyway I am attaching the instructions in this post for the smittybilt jack mount onto their tire carrier.

Attachments

mac6898

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ
Apologies on derailing the thread, but what are your overall opinions (all of you here and anyone else that has it for that matter) on the Smittybilt HD pivot tire carrier as a whole? I'm leaning towards this, but would love to get some forum feedback before I purchase. TIA
Sponsored