charitysteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Rubicon
Hi,

I am installed my smittybuilt x20 winch. I was down to the last control box wire attachment to the electric drum motor and I could not get the bolt on straight. I have noticed that the threads are bad on the stud. Smittybuilt is closed and I left an email with the vendor because I don"t know what level of fix it myself is allowable. I want to just rethread it if that will work.

Opininions?
Sponsored

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
Return it for another if it was that was when you opened it. I'm all for fixing it yourself if you can, but if you have a problem with it down the road, they may not warranty anything at all.

OP
OP

charitysteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Rubicon
Yeah, that is what I was thinking. The bummer with that is that I need to repack everything and then send it back. From there, I will lose a week of time with an exchange. I needed to get the winch installed this weekendbefore I go to death valley. I got it from ebay to top it off. Totally sucks....

OP
OP

charitysteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Rubicon
Bummer but I was able to work through the bolt issue, I got the winch mounted and boom, the control box is not working. All I am hearing when I try to spool is a clicking noise in the box. Do I have a bad solenoid? I am checking all the connections and everything is tight? Thoughts?

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Bummer but I was able to work through the bolt issue, I got the winch mounted and boom, the control box is not working. All I am hearing when I try to spool is a clicking noise in the box. Do I have a bad solenoid? I am checking all the connections and everything is tight? Thoughts?
Sorry to hear about your winch issue. I have same winch, love it. Couldn't help but notice your heading to death valley. Coincidence or no? A few of us are going in Thursday the 21st thru Sunday the 24th.

Sponsored

OP
OP

charitysteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Rubicon
I will be there 27th through 31st with my son. Do you go a lot?