Sponsored

Smittybilt XRC

X-rated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
Just picked up my new bumper, there are a ton of little parts and bolts and such. Unfortunately there isnt a manual or even a piece of paper with instructions and so far havent been able to find a youtube video that might help. Is the install SO SIMPLE it doesnt need instructions? I think I can handle it but would be nice to have some instructions if I get stuck.
Sponsored

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
If that is a gen 2 bumper, then Extreme Terrian and Quadratec both have a Youtube videos out for the front and rear bumpers. Google this: smittybilt xrc gen2 bumper

OP
OP

X-rated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
Both Extreme and Quadratec only have vids and info for the JK, hopefully when I tackle this thing tomorrow it kind of explains itself.

Jeddi

First Name
Jeddi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK8
If you prefer instructions, contact Smittybilt and I'm sure they'll send a copy of it to you.

Sponsored

traviswalker007

First Name
Tony T Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Just picked up my new bumper, there are a ton of little parts and bolts and such. Unfortunately there isnt a manual or even a piece of paper with instructions and so far havent been able to find a youtube video that might help. Is the install SO SIMPLE it doesnt need instructions? I think I can handle it but would be nice to have some instructions if I get stuck.
did you get it installed? Pics?

OP
OP

X-rated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
My weekend didn't turn out as hoped.....bumper still sitting on shop floor! maybe tonite.

OP
OP

X-rated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
Put it on last nite! Was about a half hour to remove the stocker, as said on here before kind of a pain to get the wire harness off. I did all of it by myself on my lift, as I said there were no instructions that came with it. It weighs 115 lbs and my biggest worry was that it would fall off the mounts while I was practically standing on my head trying to get the bolts started. All in all I only hurt myself once and I think I took the lords name in vain a couple of times. Not a bad install and I think it looks GREAT!
IMG_4435.JPG
IMG_4434.JPG
IMG_4433.JPG

ebelp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (bright white)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great! When's the winch going on?? :rock:

Sponsored

EMJeep

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice. I had this bumper on my JK. By far my favorite. I’ll be getting this on the JL as soon as I’m able. Good job!

traviswalker007

First Name
Tony T Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Looks great man!! im doing mine this weekend, had sum custom painting and other stuff to do butt ill post sum pics, how was the install do you have any tips?

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
I just installed this bumper on my jeep this past week. I didn't see instructions either but they were actually taped on the outside of the box.

I might take back what I said about it being the same as JK and them just slapping different stickers on boxes. I just watch a video on YouTube where a guy was installing one on a JK and it was slightly different.

Last edited:

Brooklynjlu2018

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
Put it on last nite! Was about a half hour to remove the stocker, as said on here before kind of a pain to get the wire harness off. I did all of it by myself on my lift, as I said there were no instructions that came with it. It weighs 115 lbs and my biggest worry was that it would fall off the mounts while I was practically standing on my head trying to get the bolts started. All in all I only hurt myself once and I think I took the lords name in vain a couple of times. Not a bad install and I think it looks GREAT!
Jeep Wrangler JL Smittybilt XRC IMG_4433.JPG
Hows it holding up i need front and rear bumpers as i did a spare tire delete and was leaning in this direction
Sponsored