Smittybilt XRC Gen3 9.5K Comp - 98695 or Smittybilt X2O 10K Syn Gen2 - 98510

cnapierala

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Cant decide between these two. Any advice? Amp draw looks similar, better line speed on the xrc, better warranty and waterproofing on the x20. Price difference isnt much but the xrc comes with a free AWS which id like. Thoughts?
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Cant decide between these two. Any advice? Amp draw looks similar, better line speed on the xrc, better warranty and waterproofing on the x20. Price difference isnt much but the xrc comes with a free AWS which id like. Thoughts?
I just installed the XRC. it is a good winch. I got this one insted of the X2O mostly because of weight. The XRC is one of the lightest winches out there. I know the weight difference isnt much but 10 extra lbs here and there eventually add up.

And I am not sure about the X20, but the XRC has a really strong motor and you can replace the 9.5k line with the 12k line in the future if you need the extra strength.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cnapierala

cnapierala

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
I just installed the XRC. it is a good winch. I got this one insted of the X2O mostly because of weight. The XRC is one of the lightest winches out there. I know the weight difference isnt much but 10 extra lbs here and there eventually add up.

And I am not sure about the X20, but the XRC has a really strong motor and you can replace the 9.5k line with the 12k line in the future if you need the extra strength.
Thanks for the reply. The weight is a consideration for me also.

Bulldog4xFour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5, 2022 JLUS 4xe, 2022 JT Mojave
You might be able to get the X20 cheaper, I bought the 12k comp series on Amazon for $540, I don’t know if they are going to have the same deal for the XRC
Sponsored