Sponsored

Smittybilt XRC Gen3 12K Comp Series vs. Warn Zeon Platinum 12s

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Color me in the paralysis by analysis mode.

I spent a lot of time researching both and have to ask is the Warn worth more than 2x the cost of the Smittybilt?

Granted, I have always bought Warn, but is there that much of a difference to justify the cost?

Apologies, if this has been beaten to death.
Sponsored

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
smittybilt winches are ok they are at the trend setters for the cheap chinese winch market, but their quality is not as good as the top of the line warn or superwinches because they are built to meet a price point

Smittybilts are hit or miss if they good or not there are plenty of people that have used them for years with no issues but just as many that have had nothing but problems. Warn is a solid brand that many people have had very good luck with and run them for years with no issues and are very serviceable when things do break.

The big thing with the winch is when you need to use it chance are you want it to work with no issues because you are trying to save you multi thousand dollar jeep (or someone elses jeep) and to save a few hundred buck on the front end.

Also looking at the warn platinum trim to the regular zeon looks like you get a $500 wireless controller which is not worth the money a wired controller is just fine.