Smittybilt XRC Gen 3 9.5k and stocked steel bumper with mopar Grill guard

Jamonge

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe Sting grey
I am wondering if anyone has installed a Smittybilt XRC Gen 3 9.5k on a stocked Rubicon steel bumper with the Mopar Grill guard?
Jeep Wrangler JL Smittybilt XRC Gen 3 9.5k and stocked steel bumper with mopar Grill guard 1597607704640

Jeep Wrangler JL Smittybilt XRC Gen 3 9.5k and stocked steel bumper with mopar Grill guard 1597607779375
Sponsored

damyers8

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have this winch installed in my stock bumper with the warm low grill guard. I used the artec mounting plate. I didn’t have enough room to center mount the control box, so had to offset. It’s a very tight fit, but the grill guard does not pose any issues.

OP
OP
Jamonge

Jamonge

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe Sting grey
Ok perfect. I was really interested in seeing if the mopar bar would interfere with the Smittybilt control box. The mopar bar seems really low(which is already installed).

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jamonge

Jamonge

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe Sting grey
I know the Warn definitely works but it seems a little more low profile than the XRC.

jeepdriver99

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR 2 Door, 21 JLU TD, 06 GC, 54 Willys SW
Occupation
Retired, W8BWD
I know the Warn definitely works but it seems a little more low profile than the XRC.
My winch control box is behind the Mopar bar. If it were taller, it would still have fit.

N.C. Jeeper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Real Estate- I can help you buy or sell anywhere!
Not the exact same model but very close. I just installed the SB X20 in a Mopar steel bumper with the Mopar winch guard “hoop”. Fits great, nice and compact, I love the look. Solenoid pack is mounted dead center on top of the winch with plenty of clearance. I used the Maximus 3 winch plate and highly recommend it as well. Hope this helps.

Ften

First Name
Fredric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
What winch did you finally get? Or you are still researching yet? I have oem steel bumper and trying to decide between XRC gen3 and X20 gen2

gm920

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR Billet Silver
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Retired)
Check the specifications, the XRC Gen 3 is larger in diameter than the X2O series winches. I attempted to install the XRC in the OEM steel bumper on a Rock Hard winch plate and the rear tie bar contacted the grill. The front tie bar was 3/4" from the bumper cutout. Went with the X2O on Rusty's plate, fits well and I am glad I got the wireless winch controller.

IMG-1844.jpg

IMG-1845.jpg

IMG-1846.jpg

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
This is the X20 with the Mopar winch or grill guard. The dimensions should be close to yours.

IMG_6068.jpeg

IMG_5569.jpeg
Sponsored