First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
Does anyone know if I get a winch with a wire rope and roller can I change over to synthetic at a later time when the wire rope needs to be replaced?
I don't believe you would have a problem. The only difference with the XRC gen 2 9.5K models is the rope. I did want the synthetic rope for safety reasons.
Sponsored

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I don't believe you would have a problem. The only difference with the XRC gen 2 9.5K models is the rope. I did want the synthetic rope for safety reasons.
My concern was after the cable had been on it and if there would be an issue with burrs that would damage the synthetic line

OP
OP
Mugzzzee

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
My concern was after the cable had been on it and if there would be an issue with burrs that would damage the synthetic line
From my reading the Smittybilt installation manual it is suggested that you should have no less than 6 wraps of the metal cable. I don't believe that the drum would be scored enough to cause burrs. Someone with more in depth experience might have other opinions.

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Very cool. Thank you

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
No grille guard yet, but I will as long as I find something here in Canada and I don't have to pay 150$ shipping and USD conversion :D

This is how it looked on mine before it was totaled :(

JLRubicon_GImprota.jpg
Hey knower. When you installed you winch on your old Jeep was the silicosis a little loose? Mine is and standing it up the lines are really tight to the grill. JCR plate.
Sponsored