Smittybilt X20 and Rusty's Winch Plate

Memphis Peej

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Acura TSX, 2019 Moab!!!
I purchased the winch after Christmas when it was on sale on an eBay site that I learned about on this forum. After reading several threads about winch plates (factory steel bumper) I decided on Rusty's. I selected regular shipping and received it the next day! Wow!

The Rusty plate is of excellent quality and a perfect fit. It's super easy to install. The packaging was over the top regarding protection! Plus it was discounted a bit :)

In the attached video you can get a sense for the installation. The only issue I had was with Jeep (the brand). While loosening a bolt the weld broke on the Jeep! I don't have good enough tools to exert that much force where a bolt should have broken off!

Overall I gave 5 stars, 100% satisfaction with Rusty's off-road supply! Incredible customer service and an excellent product. I'm not a gear head at all, but this was a fun project, minus me having to Sawzall the bolt off (which had nothing to do with Rusty at all.)

I'm not sure how necessary it was for me to grind away the excess material on the bumper but the instruction said to do it so I did it.

[GALLERY=]<iframe src="" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe>[GALLERY=]
Sponsored

OP
OP
Memphis Peej

Memphis Peej

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Acura TSX, 2019 Moab!!!
I thought that was pretty cool too. I wish I could do that! Came that way.

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU MOAB
Vehicle Showcase
Mine came that way too, said JLT on it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Smittybilt X20 and Rusty's Winch Plate Jeep - 1 (2)

HoboJeep

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Gray