First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Is anyone running the Smittybilt Stryker rear bumper?

https://www.quadratec.com/p/smittybilt/stryker-rear-bumper-jeep-wrangler-jl

I would like to use this LoD license plate relocation kit since I do not want to relocate the plate to the spare tire:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/lod/license-plate-relocation-bracket-jeep-wrangler-jl

The LoD kit appears to have a bracket that attaches somewhere along the bumper but I cannot find any instructions or confirmation that the Smittybilt has somewhere to put it.
Sponsored

sbrimer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023, 392 Rubicon XR
Is anyone running the Smittybilt Stryker rear bumper?

https://www.quadratec.com/p/smittybilt/stryker-rear-bumper-jeep-wrangler-jl

I would like to use this LoD license plate relocation kit since I do not want to relocate the plate to the spare tire:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/lod/license-plate-relocation-bracket-jeep-wrangler-jl

The LoD kit appears to have a bracket that attaches somewhere along the bumper but I cannot find any instructions or confirmation that the Smittybilt has somewhere to put it.

I am also looking at this same bumper and do not want to mount the license plate on the spare tire. Did you come up with an option to mount the license plate?

OP
OP
conFUcius

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Affairs
I am also looking at this same bumper and do not want to mount the license plate on the spare tire. Did you come up with an option to mount the license plate?
I ended up going with the Motobilt bumper after doing a thorough analysis of weight, price, and functionality. Mounting on the spare tire turned out well but only if it’s centered in the wheel (my OCD would kick in if it wasn’t).

Jeep Wrangler JL Smittybilt Stryker Rear Bumper License Plate Options 41940008-CF43-4716-A98D-3FD12C5B2B8D

My analysis is almost nauseating but it was very thorough if you want me to send it to you.

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
I ended up going with the Motobilt bumper after doing a thorough analysis of weight, price, and functionality. Mounting on the spare tire turned out well but only if it’s centered in the wheel (my OCD would kick in if it wasn’t).

Jeep Wrangler JL Smittybilt Stryker Rear Bumper License Plate Options 41940008-CF43-4716-A98D-3FD12C5B2B8D

My analysis is almost nauseating but it was very thorough if you want me to send it to you.
Seems you got OK with the plate on the tire. You did a great job, but like you said originally, and the other poster in this thread, I don’t want it there (even if it is perfect - again, you did a great job!).

I’m still picking out a front bumper and then will turn my attention to the rear when that is done, but hope I find something that works for me. And I hope the rear bumper search is easier than the front!

sbrimer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023, 392 Rubicon XR
Last edited:

Sponsored

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
After some time of searching, i came across this license plate relocation kit from Rugged Ridge. It appears that it is new and looks very similar to the ones for a JK. This solves my problem.

https://ruggedridge.com/p/fender-mounted-license-plate-relocation-kit/v/jeep/wrangler/2020/
Very interesting... Would love to see a picture of it installed rather than just the parts, and an illustration in the instructions. I like the ".... LED-Illuminated Light Bolts..." to light the plate... cool.

OP
OP
conFUcius

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Affairs

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

If you are ok with drilling two small holes in your steel bumper, this license plate bracket from Rebel Off Road works well. It is metal and comes with the necessary LEDs. A little pricey but it works well. Granted, I matched it to an EAG steel bumper so it sticks out a little on the left side and you need to mount it to the bumper before mounting the bumper itself. Overall, I like it since (like you), I didn't want it on the spare tire!
EDIT: from the picture it looks like it is sticking out a lot. Adding a third picture to hopefully provide context. The rear flare sticks out almost the same so I am not worried.
Jeep Wrangler JL Smittybilt Stryker Rear Bumper License Plate Options 20220116_165606
Jeep Wrangler JL Smittybilt Stryker Rear Bumper License Plate Options Screenshot 2022-01-27 140836

20220117_114058.jpg
Sponsored