Sponsored

Smittybilt Stryker Front Bumper w/ photoshop error

fightingmajor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited Punk'n Orange
I think @Quadratec or Smittybilt needs a better graphics person. Anyone catch what's wrong haha.
I like the bumper though.

stryker-front-bumper-without-end-caps-jk-jl-76731-main.jpg
Sponsored

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
I'll take welded steel over anything covered in plastic anyday

Sponsored

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
I like it. Not many stubby bumpers have room for factory fogs, and the plastic covering sounds better in salt-laden Minnesota. I was holding out for the AEV before this, or an ARB Classic Deluxe or Hauk Predator.

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought the Stryker and have taken it off road 3 times so far (pics posted in the Aftermarket Bumper thread). It's not plastic coated at all, and it has held up well including 3 winch uses so far and some over-rotation down after a hill. Now I just need to find the right light bar - anyone have any suggestions? It has some mount tabs on the side of the opening, and also some cutouts on the bottom of the stinger (for cubes below the stinger?).

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Replying to myself: Finding no other guidance online, I bought a Rough Country 12" single row black lightbar for $99. We'll see how that works. I also considered the Rigid 10" SR series, specifically the midnight version, but wasn't sure if it would be wide enough. Raxiom had some things in this 10-13", single row size too. The opening is about 11 3/4" for the light, and there appear to be 2 mount locations. There are groves cut out for mounting a lights' base on the bottom on the stinger that are 15" apart; it is just an semicircle cut-out, which I am thinking is not as secure as an actual hole. Also, to the sides of the light cut out are some mounting tabs 13 3/4" that look like it would hold the screws on the side of light bar without the need for feet on the light. My measurements are approximate.

On my original picture with the license plate mounted on a Tuffy bracket that flips up - don't do that! It can bend your plate, doesn't work without a flatlink on it or the rope hooked to one side (which might cover up a fog light), is a bit annoying when winching, and adds weight. There are holes just below the fairlead to mount a plate and that works way better with a nutsert or nylon lock nut, and covers up most of the Smittybilt lettering. I was able to change it out when I upgraded the fairlead, but it wasn't the easiest thing to access with the bumper and winch installed.

This bumper has really stood up to some beatings on the trail, and I love it more! My rear plastic bumper, about to be replaced by a JCR Offroad Vanguad with Shield tire carrier and Hi Lift and Rotopax mounts, nor the plastic fenders and inner liners have not done as well on some rocks and trees.

Stingrayjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Replying to myself: Finding no other guidance online, I bought a Rough Country 12" single row black lightbar for $99. We'll see how that works. I also considered the Rigid 10" SR series, specifically the midnight version, but wasn't sure if it would be wide enough. Raxiom had some things in this 10-13", single row size too. The opening is about 11 3/4" for the light, and there appear to be 2 mount locations. There are groves cut out for mounting a lights' base on the bottom on the stinger that are 15" apart; it is just an semicircle cut-out, which I am thinking is not as secure as an actual hole. Also, to the sides of the light cut out are some mounting tabs 13 3/4" that look like it would hold the screws on the side of light bar without the need for feet on the light. My measurements are approximate.

On my original picture with the license plate mounted on a Tuffy bracket that flips up - don't do that! It can bend your plate, doesn't work without a flatlink on it or the rope hooked to one side (which might cover up a fog light), is a bit annoying when winching, and adds weight. There are holes just below the fairlead to mount a plate and that works way better with a nutsert or nylon lock nut, and covers up most of the Smittybilt lettering. I was able to change it out when I upgraded the fairlead, but it wasn't the easiest thing to access with the bumper and winch installed.

This bumper has really stood up to some beatings on the trail, and I love it more! My rear plastic bumper, about to be replaced by a JCR Offroad Vanguad with Shield tire carrier and Hi Lift and Rotopax mounts, nor the plastic fenders and inner liners have not done as well on some rocks and trees.
Did you get the light bar installed? If so how did it go, any recommendations. My Stryker delivers today and am interested on knowing about light.

Sponsored

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you get the light bar installed? If so how did it go, any recommendations. My Stryker delivers today and am interested on knowing about light.
Sorry, I haven’t installed it yet. Been working on a lift, side step sliders, rear bumper, and such stuff; no wheeling in the dark yet. I might add the wings though & more cube lights there too.

Let us know how your light goes!

teej

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR Rubicon
I installed a 10” S8 Baja Designs bar and it fit well. There are some adjustable light brackets with the bumper that accommodate variation in bar size. Pretty flexible really. Cube lights were easy to put in the wings aside from needing some slightly smaller bolts to fit into the mounting grooves.

Tingedrook

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I installed the rough country 12"single stack black series light bar in to the over rider on my Smittybilt Stryker front bumper. The bar fit very snug, I had to take a file and widen the mounting tabs in the bumper. Other than that, the bar got great and works very well.

IMG_20190905_204511_120.jpg

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I just put on the Smittybilt SRC Gen2 with the winch. It is a pretty heavy bumper, definitely a 2 person install when you get to that part. The only complaint I have is that getting "in" to the bumper for additional light installs or to replace the fog lamps was/is a terrible job.

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed the rough country 12"single stack black series light bar in to the over rider on my Smittybilt Stryker front bumper. The bar fit very snug, I had to take a file and widen the mounting tabs in the bumper. Other than that, the bar got great and works very well.

IMG_20190905_204511_120.jpg
Thank you for the picture, showing that it will fit, and the idea on filing those tabs!
Sponsored