Sponsored

Smittybilt Security Storage Vault installed in the JLUR!

MRFISH

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018JLU RUBICON
Vehicle Showcase
As much as I can for now... there are a few more nooks :)
Sponsored

stolleee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited, 1970 Toyota FJ40, 2017 MB GLC300, 2017 Impreza Subaru
Am I the only one with some squeaking when driving that’s annoying as F?

No Bamboozle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2005 BMW M3
OP, have you ever had to load anything on top of the security deck? I want to get the dirty dog netting, but I feel like it will be a pain in the ass the few times I have to load a cooler or some kind of furniture in the trunk.

F800

First Name
'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Awesome instructions. A few years back it was my DREAM to have a Wrangler with the Smittybilt vault (for camera gear, etc) and now I have the JL - just need to buy the vault!

F800

First Name
'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Guys, im torn between the Smittybilt vault and the Tuffy security deck.

Aside from storage, the main purpose of wanting one of these is for storing camera equipment (I have a hard top). On long road trips etc i will usually have about $10-15K worth of camera stuff and cannot bring it all into the grocery store when shopping, or if i were to go on a long hike away from the jeep for example.

Should I assume that the Vault is the most secure option? Since with the tuffy deck, one could break the front window and unlock the doors, therefore have access to the rear - but the the Smittybilt Vault, there's another level of security.

***edit*** The tailgate power locks become disabled completely after 20 seconds of the jeep being turned off, therefore, if somebody were to break the window to unlock all doors, the tailgate will still not open. Made up my mind - Tuffy Security deck it is.
Sponsored

Last edited: