Sponsored

Smittybilt Gen2 X20 Comp 12K with Factory Steel Bumper?

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
I had to elongate the rear holes on the skid plate. Not a big deal.

Still happy with my Smittybilt X2O Comp 10K, Warn Plate and Warn Hook Stay.
20191004_193913.jpg
Do you have any issues with the Clutch Switch hitting the bumper?
Sponsored

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
Very happy with the winch mount. Since the mounting plates move the bumper forward by about 1/4" the skid plate holes may be too far forward. I managed to get the bolts in ok, but you might need to open up the hole slightly if not. It's a super solid winch plate, I don't see it bending or failing under any circumstances short of a frontal collision.

The X20 is a good winch at a great price. Has not yet been called into active duty but I don't have any concerns that it won't step up to the plate when needed.

Good luck!
Thanks A lot TJ!!!

Sponsored

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
Hey guys, just installed the XRC Gen 3. Any of you guys notice that the Fairlead and filler plate moved a lot? Once it’s tight it doesn’t move but I’m thinking if you are recovering a vehicle on a slope, the downward force is going to push the Fairlead down and then the rope is going to be rubbing on the winch plate and bumper opening?

The mounting bolt holes are to big on the filler plate and bumper.

38F25E10-A6C4-4913-AA7A-6B11B33171EA.jpeg
4D5A5EEF-FF23-44EC-998C-ECF3B8714385.jpeg

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Anyone have any pics of the Mopar factory steel bumper with the Smittybilt cable winch? I want to see how the rollers in front of the bumper look

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
Just spent a day trying to get the X20 Comp 12K winch installed on the Mopar winch plate. I had asked for the Mopar winch plate from the dealer to close the sale on my 2020 JLU Rubicon. It already had the steel bumpers.

However, the Mopar winch plate is not the right size for the X20. The hole mounting options were too close to the back and I ran out of space. I almost had it but the last 2 brackets that connects to the front of the frame rails just would not line up.

I'm glad I found this thread. Now I just need to decide on the ATP or the Warn winch plate so I can install my winch!

If anyone in the Seattle area needs a Mopar winch plate for a different winch, I'll be putting this one up for sale. I'm sure it will be great for a different winch option.

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
Just spent a day trying to get the X20 Comp 12K winch installed on the Mopar winch plate. I had asked for the Mopar winch plate from the dealer to close the sale on my 2020 JLU Rubicon. It already had the steel bumpers.

However, the Mopar winch plate is not the right size for the X20. The hole mounting options were too close to the back and I ran out of space. I almost had it but the last 2 brackets that connects to the front of the frame rails just would not line up.

I'm glad I found this thread. Now I just need to decide on the ATP or the Warn winch plate so I can install my winch!

If anyone in the Seattle area needs a Mopar winch plate for a different winch, I'll be putting this one up for sale. I'm sure it will be great for a different winch option.

Just to throw out another option for you. I have that exact winch mounted to my 2018 JLUR factory bumper with the Maximus-3 mounting plate. I had no issues during the install.

They also have a filler plate which makes for a clean install. Also if your interested in closed recovery loops in the front with some work you can add their D-ring loops which mount to the winch mounting plate.

Sponsored

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
Just to throw out another option for you. I have that exact winch mounted to my 2018 JLUR factory bumper with the Maximus-3 mounting plate. I had no issues during the install.

They also have a filler plate which makes for a clean install. Also if your interested in closed recovery loops in the front with some work you can add their D-ring loops which mount to the winch mounting plate.
I looked at them as well but ended up going with the Warn winch plate and getting the Warn hook stay. The only issue was the bolts for the Smittybilt fairlead were a bit short. But that's an easy fix at my local hardware store. Here's the pics.

Mabar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2-Door
Hello all,

After much research - within my budget - I have decided on the Smittybilt Gen2 X20 Comp (Synthetic rope) 12,000# winch.

I ordered the factory steel bumper for my JLUR - hopefully the Jeep will be delivered in the next couple of weeks...

In the meantime, anyone have this exact setup? If so, what exactly does "winch ready" mean? Do I still need a winch plate, or am I good to go? What other considerations or issues did you encounter?

Thanks!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Jeep Wrangler JL Smittybilt Gen2 X20 Comp 12K with Factory Steel Bumper? 1601670270478
What winch cover is that?
Sponsored