Sponsored

Smittybilt Gen2 X20 Comp 12K with Factory Steel Bumper?

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for this! I have been super confused at how to mount a winch on my new Jeep. This thread helped a ton and I'm going to get the same setup you have.
I found this video VERY helpful. Not only covers adding a winch, but replacing the plastic front bumper with the Mopar winch-capable steel bumper.

OP
OP
Soon2beJeepingPA

Soon2beJeepingPA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2019 - Granite Crystal Grey
Thank you for this! I have been super confused at how to mount a winch on my new Jeep. This thread helped a ton and I'm going to get the same setup you have.
Awesome! Let us know if you have any questions.

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
sorry to bring back an old thread - OP do you have pictures of your winch? how tight was the fitment? My friend installed his X2O on a Warn plate and he can barely fit the winch, the back of the winch is extremely tight and the cables are touching the plastic grill.... not my cup of tea. Wondering how the ATP fits?

Pics would be highly appreciated!

OP
OP
Soon2beJeepingPA

Soon2beJeepingPA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi. Don't have any pictures with me, but will take some in the next couple of days. DEFINITELY a tight fit, similar to what your friend experienced. Not an issue for me, but I understand the concern and preference.

Will post pictures with a couple if different angles soon. Regardless, still recommend both the winch and winch plate. Exactly what I wanted for my factory steel bumper.

Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
sorry to bring back an old thread - OP do you have pictures of your winch? how tight was the fitment? My friend installed his X2O on a Warn plate and he can barely fit the winch, the back of the winch is extremely tight and the cables are touching the plastic grill.... not my cup of tea. Wondering how the ATP fits?

X20 (10k synth) on Warn plate and it's snug but nothing pushing against the grille other than (maybe) the cables coming off the back of the solenoid at the very bottom of the grille. But since the winch is always going to be there that really doesn't bother me.

IMG_1494.JPG

OP
OP
Soon2beJeepingPA

Soon2beJeepingPA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Here you go. Hope these help. Snug but not a problem to where I felt the grille could get damaged in any way...

20190601_102706.jpg

20190601_102636.jpg

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
Quick question for those that installed on their own. How do you get a torque wrench in to tighten down the nuts on the bumper mount? I can't for the life of me figure this out especially on the left (passenger) side where there's about 1 1/2 inches of room I barely can gem my hand in there to tighten it.

OP
OP
Soon2beJeepingPA

Soon2beJeepingPA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick question for those that installed on their own. How do you get a torque wrench in to tighten down the nuts on the bumper mount? I can't for the life of me figure this out especially on the left (passenger) side where there's about 1 1/2 inches of room I barely can gem my hand in there to tighten it.
I installed mine and honestly that part is all about patience, deep sockets and an extension for the torque wrench...I have huge paws but managed to get it installed with that combination. Good luck!

Sponsored

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
I installed mine and honestly that part is all about patience, deep sockets and an extension for the torque wrench...I have huge paws but managed to get it installed with that combination. Good luck!
Yes, patience was definitely what it took that and the right size socket extension I have every size extension, except the one I needed! now I've got to hunt down the size of the square nuts and find a replacement. One of them screws down but won't tighten to torque it just spins, like a few threads are stripped.

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
X20 (10k synth) on Warn plate and it's snug but nothing pushing against the grille other than (maybe) the cables coming off the back of the solenoid at the very bottom of the grille. But since the winch is always going to be there that really doesn't bother me.

IMG_1494.JPG
You still happy with everything TJ? I just ordered the Warn Plate and hoping it works out. I see some saying that they had a problem getting the Skid Plate back on.

Im still debating on which Winch but think I’m going with the X20

Thanks!

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
You still happy with everything TJ? I just ordered the Warn Plate and hoping it works out. I see some saying that they had a problem getting the Skid Plate back on.

Thanks!
I had to elongate the rear holes on the skid plate. Not a big deal.

Still happy with my Smittybilt X2O Comp 10K, Warn Plate and Warn Hook Stay.
20191004_193913.jpg

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
I had to elongate the rear holes on the skid plate. Not a big deal.

Still happy with my Smittybilt X2O Comp 10K, Warn Plate and Warn Hook Stay.
20191004_193913.jpg
Really glad to hear! I think I’m going with the Smitty. Looks great!

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks!
Very happy with the winch mount. Since the mounting plates move the bumper forward by about 1/4" the skid plate holes may be too far forward. I managed to get the bolts in ok, but you might need to open up the hole slightly if not. It's a super solid winch plate, I don't see it bending or failing under any circumstances short of a frontal collision.

The X20 is a good winch at a great price. Has not yet been called into active duty but I don't have any concerns that it won't step up to the plate when needed.

Good luck!
Sponsored