EAE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.YourAppsCompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rebicon, 2005 Porsche Cayenne S, 2010 Ford Fusion, 2003 BMW K1200GT
Occupation
Business Owner, Entrepreneur, Engineer
I like those half doors!

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Man, there is a lot to like there. I sure as heck like what Alpine is doing there. My 7” uConnect might have to go.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
How the hell is the stereo 4 door only :/
Where did you see 4 door only? The placard says 2018-Up JL (as is 2018 and 2019), did you see the U and automatically think Unlimited?

Sponsored

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Where did you see 4 door only? The placard says 2018-Up JL (as is 2018 and 2019), did you see the U and automatically think Unlimited?
The press release:

Debut of the i209-WRA-JL

The Alpine infotainment system in the demo vehicle centers around the i209-WRA-JL, a 9-inch touch screen system making its debut at the SEMA Show. The i209-WRA-JL is compatible with the 2018 four-door Jeep Wrangler and is the first aftermarket 9-inch screen upgrade for this model.

The i209-WRA-JL’s mech-less design features AM/FM, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto™, HD Radio™, Bluetooth wireless technology and is SiriusXM-Ready™ (requires tuner and subscription, sold separately). The 9-inch capacitive touch screen is surrounded by a ruggedized dash bezel, which has hard keys for the most commonly used infotainment sources.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
The press release:

Debut of the i209-WRA-JL

The Alpine infotainment system in the demo vehicle centers around the i209-WRA-JL, a 9-inch touch screen system making its debut at the SEMA Show. The i209-WRA-JL is compatible with the 2018 four-door Jeep Wrangler and is the first aftermarket 9-inch screen upgrade for this model.

The i209-WRA-JL’s mech-less design features AM/FM, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto™, HD Radio™, Bluetooth wireless technology and is SiriusXM-Ready™ (requires tuner and subscription, sold separately). The 9-inch capacitive touch screen is surrounded by a ruggedized dash bezel, which has hard keys for the most commonly used infotainment sources.
I stand corrected, you do bring up a good point.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
What's going on, with that rear hatch????

Sponsored

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Just my opinion, but here we have yet another set of otherwise nice fenders ruined by slapped on turn signal markers that appear to be a complete afterthought. I prefer a more integrated look myself, especially given the cost of these vehicles. Don't want or need a $60k vehicle with $2k fenders sporting $2 dollar markers...

Last edited:

smith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still none
Is that Smitty front bumper on the market? What model is it? Where to get it? It's just gorgeous!!

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
Just my opinion, but here we have yet another set of otherwise nice fenders ruined by slapped on turn signal markers that appear to be a complete afterthought. I prefer a more integrated look myself, especially given the cost of these vehicles. Don't want or need a $60k vehicle with $2k fenders sporting $2 dollar markers...
Thank the feds otherwise they probably would have left them off for looks AND cost savings.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Thank the feds otherwise they probably would have left them off for looks AND cost savings.
Is what it is. Sure no marker light at all is fine for a purely off-road vehicle that's trailered to the trail head. But in the real world of street legal vehicles, the marker light is indeed required, so if you're going to design it, please don't half-a$$.. Then again, the marketplace will ultimately dictate, but I invite anyone to throw a like on this post if you agree with my assessment.
Sponsored

Last edited: