Sponsored

Smittybilt (98512) X2O Waterproof Synthetic Rope Winch for $89.99 +$4.95 shipping. No tax?

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
I saw this on Google last night, so I ordered one.

When I went back to order another I got this reply:

To Let More Consumers Get Involved in Our Special Offer, the Amount of Each Order should NOT Exceed $39 - $100. Thank You in Advance for Your Understanding!

Sounds like a hoax, unless the generation 3 is coming out soon and Smittybilt just wanted to dump the excess generation 2's in China?

Otherwise, they would screw up the retailers with generation 2's on their shelves over here, who paid Smittybilt a lot more for them?

I paid with PayPal, so l will see what happens next.

Jeep Wrangler JL Smittybilt (98512) X2O Waterproof Synthetic Rope Winch for $89.99 +$4.95 shipping. No tax? {filename}
Smittybilt (98512) X2O Waterproof Synthetic Rope Winch - 12000 lb. Load Capacity
Wireless Remote. 6.6 HP Amphibious motor and 3 Stage Planetary Gear System. Lifetime Mechanical Warranty, 5 Year Electrical Warranty. Completely Waterproof, state-of-the-art ...

See more details at morclothes.com »
$89.99
+$4.95 shipping. No tax
Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
A quick google of that domain name seems to indicate it's a scam site, then again, the sites claiming it's a scam site all look like some kind of bot-generated page, like you'd find if you looked up almost any file on your computer "NOTEPAD.EXE ... IS IT SAFE???? CLICK TO FIND OUT WHAT THE XPERTS SAY!".. Internet is a cesspool.

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh wow, I thought that price was just for the synthetic rope and thought that was a damn good deal. Winch and rope though? I'm curious to see what you get, if anything.

OP
OP
DonBindas

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
I wouldn't trust that site for one second. If it sounds too good to be true....

https://scamwitness.com/morclothes-com-reviews
I checked your link and from the sound of it, this site has all the signs of a scam.

But, there are not complains reported yet.

There is another site, that is selling a 10,000 unit for the same price, so I ordered that one using PayPal as well

Sponsored

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
when you google search the name comes up with nothing but scam ratting sites, the next clue should be that it is a no name site that specializes in selling fancy dresses just so happens to have killer deals on winches and engine cranes

OP
OP
DonBindas

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
KBB Analyst
when you google search the name comes up with nothing but scam ratting sites, the next clue should be that it is a no name site that specializes in selling fancy dresses just so happens to have killer deals on winches and engine cranes
I totally agree with you.

I looked at my PayPal and this is the current status of my payment to the seller:

This is a temporary authorization to make sure your payment method will cover the payment.

Your payment method will be charged when Hongwei Liu completes your order.
So, I cannot ask for a refund until they ship it.

Maybe they never will ship it and just wanted my e-mail and home address for a bigger scam down the road?

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
"MorCloths" also sells 110cc Quad bikes for $89.
Warning!!!! Warning!!!! Warning!!!!

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
Personally I avoid anything online retail that is Chinese..
Sponsored