First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
I want this bumper, but getting conflicting answers on the finish. It is hanging on the wall at a local 4WP store and has a very HEAVY textured finish - almost bed-liner, yet almost all pictures online (even Quadratec) looks smooth. I prefer the smooth. I know there are advantages to the texture, but it isn't my look.

Comparison image below:
Jeep Wrangler JL Smittybilt 77807 XRC Gen2 Front Bumper Finish Texture XRC GEN 2 Compare

4WP says it will be textured, like what is on the wall (makes sense), I called Quadratec and they say it will be smooth. I called Smittybilt but didn't get a clear answer (maybe got a customer service rep on a bad day)... so to anyone who bought this bumper recently, which finish did you get?

Thanks folks for any reply.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
webwbr

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
I rolled the dice since nobody (even the company selling it) was 100% sure of, or could clearly explain, the finish style. I can confirm the Smittybilt 77807 has the smoother finish as dipicted on the right image.

I love it… but it is HEAVY. Lifting it on was defiantly the hardest part… it is a 2-person job.

FWIW… I recommend it.