Sponsored

Smittybilt 1071 Cab Cover For JL?

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Anybody using the Smittybilt 1071 cab cover for their JL? I thought about waiting for the raingear to get back in stock but the Smitty looks fairly nice and just looking for a way to cover while I’m at work and keep the dust and occasional rain shower protection. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Scarr2k

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
went ahead and bit the bullet for the Raingearcover which is in stock today. Seemed to be built very well made and more durable.

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
Have you tested it out yet? Looks to be a good investment.

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
Should arrive today. Looking forward to trying it, it comes highly regarded.
Please post pics and impressions when you get a chance.

Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Should arrive today. Looking forward to trying it, it comes highly regarded.
Does it fit over the soft top when in safari mode (top up, side windows out)? I'm looking for a solution that works when caught in the rain when the doors are off and left the soft top windows at home. And is it water PROOF or water RESISTANT?

OP
OP
Scarr2k

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Don’t have a chance to put on this evening but I can say that it comes in a nice bag and looks very durable. I’ve read the mopar version is somewhat thin. I don’t have a soft top so not sure I can test.

OP
OP
Scarr2k

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Sorry. Haven’t had a chance to test it but I did just pickup a premium soft top locally and once I get that installed I’ll try to test the rain cover.

Had I not already received the raingear I might have waited since I have the soft top now. When I thought I’d be rolling with just a hard top and topless it seemed more practical.

Per raingear thought it fits over most soft tops.

CNY-JLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Sorry. Haven’t had a chance to test it but I did just pickup a premium soft top locally and once I get that installed I’ll try to test the rain cover.

Had I not already received the raingear I might have waited since I have the soft top now. When I thought I’d be rolling with just a hard top and topless it seemed more practical.

Per raingear thought it fits over most soft tops.
Does the raingear cover work with the soft top folded down. I saw they said it fits most, but their website doesn't have a lot of information, and wondered about the JLU specifically.
Sponsored